Screenshot.png
here is my latest look.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Thehandyman1957

Re: What my Pale Moon looks like

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-12-04, 01:22

Moonraker wrote:here is my latest look.
Always liked the Noia look. ;) Used it for years.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-01-20, 03:32

Trying something new on xubuntu with Theme Maker (nice add-on!) by riiis. Still on 28.2.2 here, with Stratum theme by FranklinDM.

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/personamaker/
https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/stratum/
Screenshot-11-17-00-1812-x70.png

nana2

Unread post by nana2 » 2019-01-20, 22:50

My PM looks about the same as the one picture I posted on page 1 quite some years ago, only now far more website icons on my Bookmarks Toolbar than previously. I LOVE my Pale Moon!! :D

sangheeta

Unread post by sangheeta » 2019-01-24, 18:40

Hello,
Here is my PM with compact moon which, despite some font problems with the dark theme, almost allows me to have the interface I always wanted for a web browser, and even in full screen, since I don't have a large screen resolution, all saved pixels are precious.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2019-01-24, 19:10

sangheeta wrote:despite some font problems with the dark theme
Is this using a dark GTK theme or the dark mode available in Compact Moon Options? The latter is generally more optimised for a dark display. :thumbup:

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2019-01-24, 19:21

Thehandyman1957 wrote:
Moonraker wrote:here is my latest look.
Always liked the Noia look. ;) Used it for years.
Excellent theme and i love the icons.Only with palemoon could i get this theme again.!
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

sangheeta

Unread post by sangheeta » 2019-01-24, 19:23

Lootyhoof wrote:Is this using a dark GTK theme or the dark mode available in Compact Moon Options? The latter is generally more optimised for a dark display. :thumbup:
Yes this is with addon/compact-moon-options, here are 2 examples, from address bar & informations windows.
https://i.postimg.cc/K1w0SXng/Capture-d ... -13-51.png
https://i.postimg.cc/gwhNGMDt/Capture-d ... -14-42.png

It doesn't bother me too much, I can deal with it.

EDIT: sorry for my very bad first screen capture, here is a fix with good image size:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/216vj1zoi/

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-03-16, 16:21

Some kind of a Persona preview. I call it Big Pale Moon.
palemoon-11x-snap7055c.jpg

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-03-29, 14:42

It has been awhile since I've posted what my Pale Moon look like. Thought I would give an updated picture.

I use the lightweight personas that Mozilla used to host. Unfortunately, Mozilla has killed off the legacy versions of the old Themes now. So my lightweight persona themes have been removed by Mozilla which was not unexpected by me. So I decided to see if someone had a archived some of my preferred lighweight personas, which I could actually see in color, on the internet. I was in luck because someone had.

The place is "web.archive.org" (without the quote marks). By surfing around on this site, I came to see some of my old favorite solid color personas are still available. One of them is "Windows 8 Basic Blue" and the link to it is below.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170830151 ... asic-blue/

It has a nice easy to see light blue color which is good for my poor eyesight. The 1366x768 pixel screenshot you'll be seeing below is my 64 bit linux Pale Moon 24.8.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa) Xfce (as of this posting). I'm also using the generic linux graphics driver (nouveau).

BTW, the Pale Moon title bar is controlled by the Window Manager in Mint and the Style Theme is Daloa (darker blue color). Since Mint uses the Mint Y modern flat looking theme by default which was started in Mint 19.0 (Tara) Xfce, I don't care for the Mint Y default theme, but Mint still has the old Mint X theme I prefer which makes my Panel launcher icons easier to see what they actually are. And my Appearance under Style is xfce-redmondxp so it highlights the tab or window I'm in, which is seen in my Panel, in a bright goldish color.

You'll have to left click on the attachment to see a larger picture.
Attachments
PM SS1366.png
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2019-04-02, 02:28

I'm kinda a creature of habit and since winter is finally over I decided to change
a few things again. So this is my new color theme and PM, enjoy. ;) .

P.M.
2.jpg
Second Monitor.
1.jpg

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-04-22, 12:56

Although this post isn't directly related to how my Pale Moon looks, it is related to the new Forest theme for the Pale Moon Forum site. Below is an attachment showing my Pale Moon skinned out with the Windows 8 Basic Blue colored lightweight persona along with the Forest theme for the PMF site.

I have this running in 64 bit Linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa) Xfce (at this time) using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.4.1 and in 64 bit Windows 7, SP1 using 32 bit windows Pale Moon (28.4.1). BTW, this post was made using 64 bit linux Pale Moon.

You'll have to left click on the attachment to make it larger.
Attachments
PMSS1366.png
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2019-04-23, 01:08

Since the new forum was put up, we lost what I would call the best dark theme
we had, and the replacement was not really a equal partner. Due to having issues
with high contrast colors and my eyes, I had to find a fix for that.

I use a add on called "Color That Site! 0.16.1-signed.1" and
you can find that on Justoffs "Classic Add-ons Archive 2.0.1" on the PM add on page.

This add on allows you to change certain colors on some web sites. I say certain because
it has not been updated in awhile and web design changes all the time.

I also found that if I used a new edit for the forum, it would only give me the colors
that were available since the new forum colors were present. But if I worked with
the old edit for the old theme, it would retain certain colors that were not present
on the new theme. So it's the second option I used. I also found that if I tried to
save the edit and then import it on say PM portable, it would not carry the whole edit
and would only see the new colors. So the only way that I was able to save the color
theme for it was to save the (ColourThatSite.sqlite) file in my PM profile and copy it
to the portable file. It would then have all the colors from the edit.

So that being said. The only way that I can share the true color edit I have for this add on
is to PM me and I can send you that file to copy into your profile since I cannot attach it to the forum.

Also, please keep in mind, that this file will have some other web site colors in it, and if you
find yourself on a web site that does not have the right colors, you will have to simply disable
the color edit for that site. So below is a couple of quick shots of the add on.

To edit a site, just click on this icon after install.
Screenshot - 4_22_2019 , 5_05_01 PM.png
Screenshot - 4_22_2019 , 5_05_01 PM.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
If it is not on your taskbar, you will have to add it by right clicking and customize window.
You will now see this.
Screenshot - 4_22_2019 , 5_43_54 PM.png
Now, if you have already copied the file to your profile, you will see it just like it shows in the
screenshot and the forum should show as it does in the other screen shots.

Editing this pre forum color set is not as straight forward as it would be if you started without
the file copied to your profile. It has some bugs. So if your not happy with the colors and things
don't edit the way you would think it should, then you simply have to delete that file in your profile
and start from scratch. Again, if you do this, it won't keep the older colors, but editing will be
more fluid because it's not trying to work with colors that are no longer on the site.

As you can see, I have done some color picking and editing to get the forum to look like it does
in the shots.
Screenshot - 4_22_2019 , 5_47_42 PM.png
If you look closely, you will notice that box colors don't always match edits. This is also because I'm
working with an old color profile that is no longer there. But if you hover on the color box.
Screenshot - 4_22_2019 , 5_50_05 PM.png
it will try to give you an idea of what colors that edit is changing.

In the end, this is not a perfect way to do this but like I said, I needed something, and I had
the time to fiddle with it and I have used this add on for years and understand it's idiosyncrasies.

In the end, if you just want the colors for the forum you just, install, copy file to your profile and restart. If you don't like a color, you can play with it, no guaranties. There are a couple of
colors that don't edit at all and I have learned to live with them.

Again, here are a those screen shots.
Screenshot - 4_21_2019 , 1_42_05 PM.png
Screenshot - 4_21_2019 , 1_42_28 PM.png
If you want the file, just PM me and I will send it to you. I wish I could delete the
other sites color profiles but it would delete this one too. Have fun. :thumbup: