What my Pale Moon looks like

General discussion and chat (archived)
New Tobin Paradigm

Re: What my Pale Moon looks like

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-04-18, 19:30

It's Fake Pale Moon created by {namecalling removed} on xp.

This thead is about Pale Moon not fakes.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-04-19, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

mrnhmath
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by mrnhmath » 2018-08-25, 18:59

It's been a while since I settled on this FF4 look.
Attachments
Sem título.png

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-08-31, 02:23

Minimal:

Walter Dnes
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Walter Dnes » 2018-08-31, 07:26

My setup, on Gentoo linux, with ICEWM. The one extension I use now is Advanced Night Mode. I have the menus, URL, and search combined on one bar.

Edit, it's 1/2 of my 1920x1080 screen wide. This allows me to put up 2 windows side by each.
Attachments
pm28.gif
Last edited by Walter Dnes on 2018-08-31, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
There's a right way
There's a wrong way
And then there's my way

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-08-31, 23:22

I'll just post the first and last pages of my START.ME (that Pale Moon has partnered with) start-page to provide an idea of what I have now in Pale Moon.

FIRST PAGE (top of start.me start-page):
start dot me p1.png
LAST PAGE (bottom of start.me start-page):
start dot me page at bottom.png
(I've got two more pages in-between).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-08-31, 23:42

Off-topic:
@ Pale Moon Rising

The bottom of your "Last Page" with "the best standup paddleboards you can buy" caught my eye. SUP is my #1 hobby now.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-09-01, 00:31

That's a really nice layout. :thumbup:

I just wish that we could do that without any of the info or links we store
being on someone else's servers. I have never been a fan of any type of cloud
service. :sick:

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-09-01, 01:11

Thehandyman1957 wrote:That's a really nice layout. :thumbup:

I just wish that we could do that without any of the info or links we store
being on someone else's servers. I have never been a fan of any type of cloud
service. :sick:
Thanks! .... Even if you have a start-page designed to be resident on your computer -- whatever the start-page consists of i.e. any News Links, Website Merchants, Forum support or blog sites, Weather widgets, Cartoon widgets, Billing/Credit account sites, Social sites etc., etc., oh and even the Calendar uses Google linked Calendar data -- will all have their own Servers and the Server protocols will be proprietary of which there is no way of getting around. ....But I understand your concerns. ;)

Addendum: That said, I block specific site requests (that do not impact on the rendering of the start-page) and also remove the built-in Google Search bar using CSS code in order to reduce unwanted exposure as much as possible (as you can see from the Start-page Header which produces a much "cleaner" looking Header btw). And you might notice I have also removed edit functions on the Header and throughout parts of the page (various Feeds, Link modules and Widgets etc.) via CSS code as well that tended to previously distract from the overall start-page (which can be enabled simply by disabling the CSS code if needed -- However that's unlikely because I leave the edit button for widget modules available to be clicked on -- they just don't get rendered so amount to what can be called "hidden" functions. Along with a few other minor modifications -- all of which produces a much "cleaner" looking start-page and promotes a bit more security because doing this mitigates the likelihood of someone other than myself using the computer and mistakenly-or-otherwise making modifications to the start-page ;).... In my view basically improving on the start-page in a few areas imho -- incidentally all ideas that I had suggested to start.me btw :D -- and all of which they chose not to do for their own various reasons in each case. :eh:).
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-09-01, 03:58, edited 4 times in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-09-07, 22:00

It has been awhile since I changed the skin color to my linux and windows Pale Moon. Below is a skin color change which is: Light Orange. However, on all of my 4 computers whether in windows or linux, the light orange color seems to me to have some yellow color in it. Anyhow, you'll have to left click on the attachment to make it larger and easier to see.
Attachments
PM SS1366.png
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-09-07, 23:07

Night Wing wrote:It has been awhile since I changed the skin color to my linux and windows Pale Moon. Below is a skin color change which is: Light Orange. However, on all of my 4 computers whether in windows or linux, the light orange color seems to me to have some yellow color in it. Anyhow, you'll have to left click on the attachment to make it larger and easier to see.
You may not be aware of this but orange is not a primary color in either the "subtractive" or "additive" color combinations. Additive color combinations use the colors red, yellow and blue as the 3 primary colors that applies to art work-- so for example a "medium orange" color is actually made up of equal parts of the two primary colors red and yellow -- to your question obviously "light orange" has to have more yellow than red in it for the color to actually be "light orange" since it is on the "light" side of the primary color spectrum of the primary colors red and yellow.

That said we are dealing with computer -- and for computers (TV's as well etc.) the "subtractive" color combinations are used and for this combination the 3 primary colors consist of red, green and blue. So to answer your question directly -- yellow happens to be made up of equal parts of green and red for computer colors. So to get a more orange color than a yellow color --- more red has to be added in place of green on the primary color spectrum of green to red. So "light orange" would have more red than green but the color still has a portion of yellow in it simply because the two primary colors red and green have varying degrees of yellow in the color spectrum between red and green.

Looking at your screen-shot it appears to me to be "light orange" -- but that's of course subjective -- what might be "light orange" to one person might be "dark yellow" to another... ;)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-09-08, 07:46

That color actually is pretty much on the line between orange and yellow for most people, and falls into the "sand" range of colors. The closest named color is called "Oasis".
In the RGB scale, it has slightly more red than green, and a good portion of blue to make it "light". Attached is the color position of what you're using.
Attachments
oasis.png
oasis.png (14.65 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-09-11, 16:24

I thought I would put some orange into my light orange skin. So I went over to the Mozilla Add-ons site, went to the Themes and went to Solid colors and picked the "Orange-Yellow Mix" for my PM skin color. Of course, you'll have to left click on the attachment to make it larger and easier to see.
Attachments
PM SS1366.png

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-09-11, 17:31

^ Blends well with your Avatar :thumbup:

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-09-11, 17:44

Pale Moon Rising wrote:^ Blends well with your Avatar :thumbup:
Yes, it does blend well with my "barn owl" avatar. It is one of the reasons I chose this skin color and it has become my new favorite lightweight theme (persona) for Pale Moon in both linux and windows.

Some days, I like to be "color coordinated" when I'm using my Pale Moon. ;)

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-09-30, 03:05

Since it's officially fall now, I thought I would change up my whole color scheme on Windows and Pale Moon.
Since I live in the AZ desert, you can't tell what season it is from looking outside. So I decided to fix that by
having fall on my computer. I have a couple of different things going on with Pale Moon.

I'm using "Dark Moon 2.2.0" with "Black & Brown Gradient" persona.
Added to that, I'm using "Theme Font & Size Changer (no expire) 53.0" for the font color.
For the buttons I'm using "Classic Toolbar Buttons 1.4.2.1-signed" with the Firefox Ubuntu icon style.
For my home page I'm using "Speed Dial 0.9.6.18" and to clean it up I'm using "Hide Caption Titlebar Plus 2.8.7rc"

So I included both my desktop and my home page of Pale Moon just to show the combo.
The First image is of my left monitor and Pale Moon is on my bigger right monitor. Enjoy :thumbup:
Screenshot - 9_29_2018 , 7_28_05 PM.png
2.jpg
Screenshot - 9_29_2018 , 8_01_28 PM.png
Still running on W7 Pro 64 bit. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Thehandyman1957 on 2018-09-30, 03:07, edited 1 time in total.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2018-11-10, 23:04

:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-11-19, 23:42

I've been experimenting lately with a new theme... ;)
I do plan to get it out there...eventually.
Last edited by Lootyhoof on 2018-11-20, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-11-20, 07:47

Lootyhoof wrote:I've been experimenting lately with a new theme... ;)
I do plan to get it out there...eventually.
This looks beautiful! Can't wait for the release! Is this available for Linux as well?
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-11-20, 13:00

fatboy wrote:Is this available for Linux as well?
It will be, yes. :)

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-12-03, 05:05

Well, Fall is over and Winter is here. So it's a new theme set for PM and Comp. :mrgreen:
I went with a winter icy green blue theme.
Screenshot - 12_2_2018 , 10_09_12 PM.png
And the second monitor.

Stay warm! ;)
Screenshot - 12_2_2018 , 10_00_04 PM.png
Last edited by Thehandyman1957 on 2018-12-03, 05:10, edited 2 times in total.