What my Pale Moon looks like

General discussion and chat (archived)
nat_smart

Re: How my Pale Moon looks like

Unread post by nat_smart » 2014-05-17, 18:47

my palemoon is new modren gui i call my self palechromemoon. i will base on austrail forever. :oops: use add on change gui
Attachments
palechrome.PNG

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-05-17, 21:57

Off-topic:
Kaliri wrote:I'm not a sir, but I am now comfortably using the Pale Moon version of Kempelton due to your link. Looks rather different to your set-up (okay, a lot different) due my NoUn Buttons extension, text icons, different color scheme and layout, etc., but it's the Kempelton icon set just the same. Thanks very much! And thanks to Lootyhoof for the reboot! :thumbup:
Glad you like it!

I should probably update that AMO page at some point, to be honest...the current version I posted on the forums here does work with Firefox 24 (although I do have a Firefox 24-compatible version with the correct UUIDs; anyone who needs that can contact me) in addition to Pale Moon, but I want to get a version working with a more recent Firefox anyway (i.e. v31; ESR only hopefully)...

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-05-18, 00:05

I'm something of a DuckDuckGo Fan and a golfer, so I have one of the DDG themes that I created (plus other DDG bling) as well as some minor golf references (Iike the green Pale Moon button).

The looks busier or more jumbled than it actually is because I typically run PM in full screen mode, just squashed it down for this screenshot.

raindress

Unread post by raindress » 2014-05-21, 08:06

Mine is for fullscreen-floating-transparency as main priorities. 70extensions+8disabled,8stylish & an enabled theme. browser preloaded with "palemin" in startup(can be downloaded from http://www.afterdawn.com/software/netwo ... iremin.cfm) its a bit hard to find,& PM ext(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... e/?src=api) works well to preload browser.
Attachments
PM1.PNG
PM2.PNG
PM3.PNG
PM4.PNG
PM5.PNG

raindress

Unread post by raindress » 2014-05-21, 08:09

after finally learning how to add photo,had two more to load!
Attachments
PM6.png
PM7.png

Valeria

Unread post by Valeria » 2014-05-25, 23:55

Hello,

My name is Valeria and this is my first post in Pale Moon forum.

First of all, I wish to thank Moonchild for developing Pale Moon and access2godzilla for make it available on the GNU/Linux platform with the intuitive installer (although I just read access2godzilla will quit this project :( ). I hope the Pale Moon for Linux project have a new maintainer soon. :thumbup:

This is how my Pale Moon looks like on my desktop computer with Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr 32-bit running.

Kind regards,
Attachments
Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr 32-bit - Pale Moon 24.5.0
Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr 32-bit - Pale Moon 24.5.0

ipopescu

Unread post by ipopescu » 2014-05-26, 18:09

Mine looks the same way it looked since firefox4 until firefox28. Too bad i couldn't make 29 look the same way.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg

leegb11

Unread post by leegb11 » 2014-05-26, 18:23

Hi Raindress

What is cool little clock called?

Ta

raindress

Unread post by raindress » 2014-05-27, 01:26

lcd clock,bit hard to find(http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r274039 ... sion-0.4.2) download at:(downloadLCD_Clock_0.···.xpi.zip 43781 bytes) when extracted install addon from file & place via view-customize. it has alarm,date,settings etc.that was the last update many moons ago. also statusbar clock(http://cosmicat.com/extensions/timestatus/) but not as neat. ;)

leegb11

Unread post by leegb11 » 2014-05-27, 17:28

Cheers will try.
Using foxclocks which is overcomplicated and not as pretty.

leegb11

Unread post by leegb11 » 2014-05-27, 19:05

Nice - works a treat!

wayne128

Unread post by wayne128 » 2014-05-30, 13:06

Just install Palemoon-Linux on a less well-known, CentOS based distros : Stella.
It is still on Gnome 2. tracking CentOS 6.5

http://i62.tinypic.com/egpd3s.png

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2014-06-01, 15:46

Well, it's time to show my Pale Moon on Windows 7. Not big stuff.

However, thanks to this thread I could realize of something — What a way to customize Pale Moon folks! :clap: This is just cool! We can see here how different people personalize Pale Moon. Everyone uses Pale Moon in a very different way from each other. That's terrific.

That and this awesome review by Matt A. Tobin make me think about something: how wrong Mozilla's been by imposing ALL OF THEIR USERS to use Australis. Some people may like it —and that's fine— but I just realize how stupid is to force users to use Australis when it's clear here that there are as many customizations as users.

I can say it loud now: I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY PALE MOON! ;)
Attachments
Windows 7 - Pale Moon 24.5.jpg

Trippynet
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trippynet » 2014-06-04, 14:16

Here's my Pale Moon at work (home is pretty similar setup to be honest).

Addons I use are:

IETab 2
AdBlock Plus
RoboForm
Custom Tab Width (I have lots open and hate scrolling tab bars)
FlashBlock

I love how flexible Pale Moon is, yet how it still works with almost all Firefox addons. Best of both worlds!
Attachments
PaleMoon.PNG

Dandies

Unread post by Dandies » 2014-06-04, 21:40

Moderator note: post deleted by request
Last edited by Dandies on 2014-06-04, 23:06, edited 2 times in total.

dinosaur
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by dinosaur » 2014-06-04, 22:20

Here's mine: menus, navigation buttons and URL input field, plus search input field all on the same line (menu bar), to maximize the web page area. I don't use the navigation toolbar neither the bookmarks toolbar (the "Bookmarks" menu is there for that purpose...).

In the status bar, you can see (from right to left): a TOR proxy setting switcher, AdBlock+, Cookie Controller, NoScript, QuickJava (Flash and Java toggles in use only) and five "Custom Buttons" (a lovely add-on I do recommend): one to toggle referrers on/off, one to toggle the user agent string (in the screen shot, it's Pale Moon UA in force, but I can also impersonate Firefox Linux or Windows), a custom/website font toggle (I usually use custom fonts: Adobe Helvetica (Xorg's bitmap, not True Type !) is just lovely and so easy to read), a toggle for a <blink> support restorer, and a toggle to make all password fields into plain text fields (easier to enter passwords when nobody is around to eye-drop over your shoulder)...
Attachments
Palemoon.png

TELVM

Unread post by TELVM » 2014-06-05, 10:21

dinosaur wrote:... menus, navigation buttons and URL input field, plus search input field all on the same line (menu bar), to maximize the web page area ...
^ I love this, been trying to achieve it but have been unable to :| . Would you be so kind as to explain how to do it Dinosaur?

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-06-05, 12:56

TELVM wrote:Would you be so kind as to explain how to do it?
Drag all the stuff from the navigation toolbar to the menu bar :)

TELVM

Unread post by TELVM » 2014-06-05, 13:06

^ LOL I couldn't see the forest for the trees :oops: , it's easier than I thought. Thanks! :thumbup:

dinosaur
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by dinosaur » 2014-06-06, 08:33

TELVM wrote:
dinosaur wrote:... menus, navigation buttons and URL input field, plus search input field all on the same line (menu bar), to maximize the web page area ...
^ I love this, been trying to achieve it but have been unable to :| . Would you be so kind as to explain how to do it Dinosaur?
It's dead-easy: just right click on any tool bar and choose "Customize...", then move (left-click, drag and drop) all the buttons and input fields from the Navigation toolbar to the menu bar (I also added a separator between the menu and the first navigation button, for better clarity). Once this is done, you can hide the (now empty) Navigation toolbar from the "View" menu.