different browzers display web site screens differently

General discussion and chat (archived)
beauregard

different browzers display web site screens differently

Unread post by beauregard » 2019-04-05, 13:26

How do I search this forum to find information that will explain why Pale Moon does not display (my word is "properly") a county's website?

Most often it is necessary to use (1) Firefox; (2) Chrome; (3) Slimjet; or (4) Palemoon to get a meaningful screen display of County, City, State & Federal websites.
I avoid adding extensions. Primarily, the difficultly of determining what the extension is supposed to be doing.

When I visit a website with Firefox I get the full screen with dialog boxes and can navigate the site.
Visiting the same website with Pale Moon I get a screen display with empty or blank dialog boxes and it is guess work for moving about.

It appears that the website requires a specific extension type to display the website as expected. How do I find the utility required to display the screen in Pale Moon that
is equivalent to Fire Fox?
Note: Fire Fox says that I have no add-ons or extensions installed.

I have used the Pale Moon search but cannot find anything to answer my query.

How do I get Pale Moon to display websites comparable to Fire Fox display?

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: different browzers display web site screens differently

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-04-05, 13:47

beauregard wrote:How do I get Pale Moon to display websites comparable to Fire Fox display?
It would really help if you could post some links for sites that are not displaying properly for you in Pale Moon. That way we can try them out for ourselves and see if we can figure out what's going wrong.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.