MarioNet browser attack

General discussion and chat (archived)
gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: MarioNet browser attack

Unread post by gepus » 2019-03-05, 21:49

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Well the added advantage is you will be so busy testing that there will be no time to post about it.
Even better: "Well the only added advantage is you will be so busy testing that there will be no time to post about it."

I hope I didn't make any copyright/intellectual propriety infringement by modifying your original statement. :?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-03-06, 00:45

Let's keep things civil, alright?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Sampei Nihira

Unread post by Sampei Nihira » 2019-03-06, 13:33

gepus wrote:Speaking of Chrome - this browser and all of its derivatives are banned on my device.

Disabling something is always best practice, compared to blocking something. It saves bandwidth and resources.
For those using a decent browser, disabling serviceworkers in about:config is the best solution. Blocking workers/serviceworkers with an extension is a poor workaround.
You're right, even in my pc is not installed Chrome.
This does not mean that you can configure this browser as well as possible for privacy and security.