Solution: T-Mobile Bank (Alior) in Pale Moon

General discussion and chat (archived)
krzysiu

Solution: T-Mobile Bank (Alior) in Pale Moon

Unread post by krzysiu » 2018-11-13, 01:11

As I know some Poles have similar problem, I want to share how to deal with Pale Moon blocking by T-Mobile Bank (brand of Alior). So far my attempts to change their mind failed.

Backstory:
Some time ago TMB has published their new version of bank panel. If you care about security, think about this bank. When they've published new version, they've turned off my tokens without neither my consent, nor notification - instead two layers of security (password + OTP/single use tokens). They've also blocked Pale Moon (well, not exactly PM, but only whitelisted browsers can access it) "for my security" - apparently IE is more secure in their opinion.

Instructions
1) Install https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/eclipsedmoon/
2) In plugin settings (accessible from Tools [Narzędzia] menu) set up Eclipsed Moon Mode to "Static"
3) Keep advanced settings to default; some combinations, including "suggested" settings caused blank page
4) In case if something would change, here's useragent that worked for me: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0|20170125094131
5) If it matters, I'm using native mode (advanced settings of PM, "compatibility" panel); changing it to other options without extension wasn't fixing the problem

Everything works well after that. I mean it shouldn't happen at all, but this is an alternative if you want to keep access and you don't want to change browser.

If somebody wants to test it, here's the link to login page (i.e. the one that doesn't work without extension): https://system.t-mobilebankowe.pl/web/login

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Solution: T-Mobile Bank (Alior) in Pale Moon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-11-13, 04:42

I've sent them a message in the position of lead dev and project owner.
We'll see how they respond.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite