Where to post about the portable unstable build?

General discussion and chat (archived)
JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Where to post about the portable unstable build?

Unread post by JoeyG » 2018-08-26, 17:18

Which is the right place to post questions or comments about the portable unstable build, please?

Thanks.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: Where to post about the portable unstable build?

Unread post by JoeyG » 2018-08-26, 18:16

tenseys wrote:viewforum.php?f=14
Thanks for your reply.

Somehow, that section - to which I've already posted - seems to have more to do with the "portable" aspect than the "unstable". I'm more interested in the latter.

There used to be a section called "Pale Moon UXP alpha/beta", but it's disappeared.

Now there's one called "UXP development"; what do you think?

Thanks.
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-08-26, 18:25

JoeyG wrote:
tenseys wrote:viewforum.php?f=14
Thanks for your reply.

Somehow, that section - to which I've already posted - seems to have more to do with the "portable" aspect than the "unstable". I'm more interested in the latter.

There used to be a section called "Pale Moon UXP alpha/beta", but it's disappeared.

Now there's one called "UXP development"; what do you think?

Thanks.
Looks like Pale Moon UXP alpha/beta is read only now in the Archive/Read only section (scroll to bottom of forum).
viewforum.php?f=63a

Maybe you can ask in that thread you have in portable the best place to ask your specific question.

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-08-26, 18:36

According to this by Moonchild:
Since we're close to final release, the Alpha/Beta board for Pale Moon will be archived (for reference only beyond that point). Since no further development will be taking place until that final release, reporting anything in that board beyond this point would likely not get our attention.

If you have issues with the unstable version beyond this point, which has been split off from the intended release branch already, please either post in the development discussion board (for questions/unconfirmed issues) or the relevant bug report boards.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19873
Last edited by tenseys on 2018-08-26, 19:06, edited 5 times in total.

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by JoeyG » 2018-08-26, 20:31

tenseys wrote:According to this by Moonchild: ...
Great. Thanks very much.