The AFK thread

General discussion and chat (archived)
dark_moon

The AFK thread

Unread post by dark_moon » 2013-02-08, 15:32

Just a simple thread to inform others.

So..i have no time from this saturday (9th) to 16th february (next saturday). Maybe a few minutes in this week, but i don't think so.

Have a great week and @beta testers: make Moonchild lucky :mrgreen:

:wave:

Rohugh

Re: The AFK thread

Unread post by Rohugh » 2013-02-08, 16:04

I think MC makes his own luck. ;)

I may be on and off - changing service providers so one may cut me off early, who knows. I hope it will be fairly seamless but I don't get the new one until Monday afternoon - maybe I will have to discover "real life"? Ugh!

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2013-02-10, 10:40

Another TLA (Three Letter Acronym) that was new to me.... AFK(Away From Keyboard).... VMT(Very Many Thanks).... I shall add that to my list WMP (With Much Pleasure)! TTFN :lol:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-06-17, 23:54

megaman wrote:
Moonchild wrote:I'll take a little break - Swedish "midsommar" is a good excuse ;)
Honoring a festivity. Plus, a break is needed every now and then. All Hail Svensk Midsommar!
Haha. Well, Svensk Midsommar also means you don't get much night ;) This is about as dark as it gets...
(taken at 01:40 AM)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-06-18, 02:20

That's a nice looking house in a nice looking place. Even though the photo was taken at 1:40 AM, it reminds me of twilight where I live.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2014-06-19, 00:21

Off-topic:
Moonchild wrote:
This is about as dark as it gets...
If it's not too private of a question, how close to the arctic circle is the location of your picture? Is it above it?
Just curious.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-06-19, 14:01

Off-topic:
helloimustbegoing wrote:
Moonchild wrote:
This is about as dark as it gets...
If it's not too private of a question, how close to the arctic circle is the location of your picture? Is it above it?
Just curious.
About 58 degrees north. That's 2 degrees shy of officially having "White nights" but for my otherwise good night vision it's enough light to still read by, if I wanted to make the effort.
If I were at the arctic circle, then I would have a midnight sun this day (it would not set at all). If I were above it, the polar day would quickly grow to be a few weeks.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-06-22, 20:22

I'm back now (10pm now) but now i go sleep, because i must wake up at 1am tomorrow.
I need to sync my palemoon forum login to my handy...every week at work is silly without posting here.

See you friday, guys.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-07-07, 01:19

As usual, I need to go out the city for some days. First God, I come back on Friday. So any beta released in this time span will be MIA for me. See you! :wave: :mrgreen:

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2014-07-07, 04:21

lobocursor wrote:As usual, I need to go out the city for some days. First God, I come back on Friday. So any beta released in this time span will be MIA for me. See you! :wave: :mrgreen:
We'll try to do our best without you. Don't hold us up for too long. :)

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-07-11, 21:12

I'm back. Just forgot to say something

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-11, 21:31

I don't think regular work week absence needs to be stated here ;)

On a related note, I'll be off on a trip to visit some friends in Germany June July 16-24, so my presence will be spotty at best.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-07-11, 21:34

Moonchild wrote:I don't think regular work week absence needs to be stated here ;)

On a related note, I'll be off on a trip to visit some friends in Germany June 16-24, so my presence will be spotty at best.
Since today is July 11, I think you meant you'll be visiting friends in Germany, "July 16-24". ;)
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-07-11, 21:54

Okay, yes youre right. You all know my monday-thursday/friday absence.
But i just need to copy my forum data to my handy :D

Have fun, Moonchild!

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2014-07-11, 22:46

Moonchild wrote:I don't think regular work week absence needs to be stated here ;)

On a related note, I'll be off on a trip to visit some friends in Germany June 16-24, so my presence will be spotty at best.
You went or are going to go visit them last month, or is this for next year?
We'll keep watch for anything...suspicious while you are gone. Thanks for the heads-up.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-11, 23:28

Yes, July.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-09-11, 00:58

I will be out the city again from Friday 12 to Thursday 18, take care of the users and left some spammers for bite them. ;)

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-09-11, 07:46

Have great days :)

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-09-24, 03:49

dark_moon wrote:Have great days :)
Thank you! Sadly for a trouble out of my hands I was out until last Sunday, more than I was planned.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-10-19, 23:40

I am going to made another tour for a week, but I am sure that Matt can bite everybody in my name. Have fun guys! :lol: