[SOLVED] A question about security

General discussion and chat (archived)
JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

[SOLVED] A question about security

Unread post by JoeyG » 2018-07-06, 10:11

Assuming one is using the latest version of each, is there any significant difference among the PM release, PM unstable, and Basilisk in regard to security when it comes to online financial transactions such as banking and purchasing things?

If you had to choose one of the three for these activities, which would it be and why?

I'm not looking for "deep" technical information here - which I wouldn't understand anyway. I'll be quite happy with some general observations.

Thank you very much in advance.
Last edited by JoeyG on 2018-07-06, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: A question about security

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-07-06, 10:46

JoeyG wrote:is there any significant difference among the PM release, PM unstable, and Basilisk in regard to security when it comes to online financial transactions
None whatsoever. They all have proper up-to-date standards for secure transactions and secure connectivity.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-07-06, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: A question about security

Unread post by JoeyG » 2018-07-06, 10:53

Moonchild wrote:None whatsoever. They all have proper up-to-date standards for secure transactions and secure connectivity.
End of discussion.

Thank you very much.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version