Recognition for Pale Moon on review site

General discussion and chat (archived)
context
Fanatic
Fanatic

Recognition for Pale Moon on review site

Unread post by context » 2018-06-12, 17:22

FWIW, I noticed that Pale Moon was included—and fairly rated*—in a recent survey of browsers: https://www.topattack.com/list/best-internet-browsers-review/4

I'd stopped (mostly) looking at such sites because they follow a pretty standard formula of cheerleading for the household names and completely ignoring Pale Moon. After 5 years of continual use of Pale Moon (and of recommending it to others), I'm always amazed that the "top" browsers continue to get the kind of coverage they do. So this was a nice surprise.

*Moonchild can probably speak to the specifics of listed measurements ... and to whether the most important aspects are cited. But to an everyday user, it's good to see Pale Moon "on the big board", so to speak.

Fedor2

Re: Recognition for Pale Moon on review site

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-06-13, 19:01

Opera in the top - this is lol

Speed chart is weird - how it was measured?
Last edited by Fedor2 on 2018-06-13, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

Pelican
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Pelican » 2018-06-13, 21:50

Off-topic:
Any idea how many billions Google has spent on setting up data centres around the globe for caching servers?
Mod comment: Can we stay on track please, this topic's about a review.
Last edited by satrow on 2018-06-13, 23:00, edited 2 times in total.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2018-06-14, 00:42

What I find interesting is that memory usage is annotated as "the higher the better".
It's probably just an overlook, but still, pretty funny.

TwoTankAmin
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by TwoTankAmin » 2018-06-14, 02:58

I agree it is nice to see pale moon included. But their ranking system leaves out the key features which make most of the other browsers unusable as far as i am concerned and which make Pale Moon the best choice.

Imo, the three worst browser out there now are Edge, Chrome and IE (Firefox was a very close 4th).
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson