Does anyone know WHY?

General discussion and chat (archived)
geradra

Does anyone know WHY?

Unread post by geradra » 2018-06-08, 11:31

Hi all,

I`m totally new here.

I registered in the hope of being able to find a contact email address to which i could ask my question. But as I haven`t found one, I`m therefore hoping that someone here can perhaps answer my following question:

Can anyone please tell me WHY i can`t pull up the following page?...

https://lovespace.co.uk/order#!/

All other pages on the Lovespace website are rendering okay (unusual, as I don`t normally have such problems with PM)?

As I previously used the Comodo Ice Dragon browser, I therefore tried to pull up the page on CID, which it did alright.......So i`m wondering WHY PM can`t also do it?

BTW, I quit using CID as it greatly slowed down (Waterfox & Cyberfox are also as slow).

As for PM..........Well, all i can say is that it`s FANTASTIC!........It`s 3 x times faster than CID and is the best browser, by far, that I`ve ever used. May we NEVER lose it (btw, sure, nobody wants to, but I`m sure that most users would even be willing to pay annually for PM - if it ever came to that. I know that i would.......It`s that GOOD!).

Regards
Gerald

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Does anyone know WHY?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-08, 23:19

geradra wrote:but I`m sure that most users would even be willing to pay annually for PM - if it ever came to that. I know that i would
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=10185297
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-06-08, 23:29

Looking in the Browser Console, something that stands out to me is an error from angular.min.js:

Code: Select all

Error: firebase.firestore is not a function

Angular has been known to cause problems with Pale Moon, mainly because they don't bother making sure their scripting works with any browsers but the most commonly used ones. It can be hard to debug this stuff, especially since it's all 'minified.'

However, I tested it, and the page does load properly in Pale Moon 28.0.0a3 (pre-release version of the next milestone). So, in a future version of PM, it's already solved.

geradra

Unread post by geradra » 2018-06-10, 11:30

Hi ,
Many thanks for your answer......it`s good to know that Pale Moon 28.0.0a3 has already solved the problem. As for the 'Console', I usually steer well clear of it, as (like Linux commands) it`s a bit too complex for me.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-06-10, 16:47

Fair enough, but it can be useful to diagnose problems, or to see logged messages to help debug code. Not for most users, I suppose, but useful none the less.