Funding sources

General discussion and chat (archived)
VPupkin

Funding sources

Unread post by VPupkin » 2018-06-02, 14:23

Hello!
I have a question for the developers. I want to know what your financing sources are. I saw it on the site that you are open for donations, but I want to know whether it is the only source.
It is a question of significant importance because Mozilla and Opera have compromised themselves at this point by receiving hundreds of millions of dollars from Google for making their search the default one. If Google gives them that much money, I'm sure it demands more from them than just to place the search at the first place, but
also to perform some shadow activity related to user data.
That is why I want to know the following. What are the funding sources that let you go on with the development and support of the product? And do you accept payments from any organizations that come with any conditions related to product code or user data?

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Funding sources

Unread post by doofy » 2018-06-02, 15:06

LOL.

What is your source of income? How much is it?

Does any of it come from organisations I might disapprove of?

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by adisib » 2018-06-02, 19:13

The income comes from donations, corporate sponsorships, shared advertisement income from duckduckgo if you haven't changed your search engine and haven't disabled duckduckgo's advertisements, and advertisements on the main Pale Moon website.
Of note, the Pale Moon patreon claims that corporate sponsorhips will begin being phased out once patreon donations reach $200 per month ($107 more than the current monthly amount). The development has also expressed interest in removing all income via advertisements on Pale Moon's websites (beginning at $400 per month according to patreon), and has already removed advertisements from the forum due to increased donation amounts.
Last edited by adisib on 2018-06-02, 19:20, edited 5 times in total.

Nightbird
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Nightbird » 2018-06-02, 19:24

Patreon and Ko-Fi
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18579
Diversity is key.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

VPupkin

Unread post by VPupkin » 2018-06-08, 14:15

I've written in the beginning of the question that it's intended for the developers, which none of you is, as far as I can see. So your advocacy is very sweet, but absolutely irrelevant here.
And by the way none of these posts contains an answer to the actual question. I want to hear the explicit developers' answer.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2018-06-08, 17:03

VPupkin wrote:I've written in the beginning of the question that it's intended for the developers, which none of you is, as far as I can see. So your advocacy is very sweet, but absolutely irrelevant here.
And by the way none of these posts contains an answer to the actual question. I want to hear the explicit developers' answer.
back2themoon's posts contains links to pages written by developers. They describe the ways Pale Moon developers can get funds.
If you want to see the sponsors, go to palemoon.org's homepage.

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by adisib » 2018-06-08, 20:09

VPupkin wrote:I've written in the beginning of the question that it's intended for the developers, which none of you is, as far as I can see. So your advocacy is very sweet, but absolutely irrelevant here.
Then you are better off trying to contact the developers directly. For example, you can send a private message to Pale Moon's founder by clicking on this link.