Printfriendly replacement?

General discussion and chat (archived)
paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Printfriendly replacement?

Unread post by paulri » 2018-05-07, 00:37

I have occasionally used a bookmarklet from the printfriendly.com website that has allowed me to create a "print friendly" version of a webpage (only the intended content, without the ads or other links). What was neat about the print friendly version is that it allowed me the ability to x out any paragraphs or content that I didn't want. Lately, I haven't been able to get the bookmarklet to work at all.

Does anyone know of any bookmarklet that allows you to delete paragraphs or pics, before you print or save content from a webpage? I'm not talking about using the Print Preview function, because this doesn't allow me the ability to save everything except that one picture, or whatever...

I realize the Firefox has a Reader view, that has been ported here. But that forces me to save everything that it gives me. Again, what I'm looking for is a bookmarklet that allows me to save everything but any given paragraph or picture.
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

mseliger
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Printfriendly replacement?

Unread post by mseliger » 2018-05-07, 04:47

Look at PrintEdit:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/print-edit/
This extension let you edit the page and delete unwanted elements.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Greetings
Maria
---
Ich bin ein Westfale, und zwar ein Stockwestfale, nämlich ein Münsterländer – Gott sei Dank! füge ich hinzu ...
Annette von Droste zu Hülshoff, Bei uns zu Lande auf dem Lande

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Printfriendly replacement?

Unread post by paulri » 2018-05-07, 16:06

Thanks for the link. This addon didn't play well with Clearly, but that is an older, deprecated addon. I installed this one, which I was going to tinker with anyways (http://addons.palemoon.org/addon/readerview/), and it was able to edit the page that had already been "reader view"-ized with the Reader View addon.

OK looks promising. I'll report back in a week or so for a more complete report. But so far, it looks EXACTLY like what I was looking for. Thanks again.
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.