My recent activity/involvement

General discussion and chat (archived)
Lunix

Re: My recent activity/involvement

Unread post by Lunix » 2018-04-09, 23:18

Giraffe wrote:If it comes to mind (fortunately, very rarely these days) I'm still upset at losing a beautiful Alsatian dog (the biggest registered one in the UK at the time) - that was 60 years ago!
Giraffe, if you don't mind to reply, how old are you?

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-04-10, 15:39

Moonchild, what breed was he?

nana2

Unread post by nana2 » 2018-04-10, 22:47

Moonchild, I am so very sorry for your loss :( and know the feelings of loss by having lost my beautiful dog Niki and thereafter Penny my so smart cat who loved to watch a specially made for a cat video on my PC. I still have some of her favorite toys...

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2018-04-11, 07:39

Lunix wrote:
Giraffe wrote:If it comes to mind (fortunately, very rarely these days) I'm still upset at losing a beautiful Alsatian dog (the biggest registered one in the UK at the time) - that was 60 years ago!
Giraffe, if you don't mind to reply, how old are you?
Over 60!
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-04-11, 07:41

Octopuss wrote:Moonchild, what breed was he?
Mixed breed of Alsatian (German Shepherd) and Malinois (Belgian Shepherd). But bigger than what is the average these days for both, at 50-55 kg.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-04-11, 07:43, edited 2 times in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pelican
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Pelican » 2018-04-11, 07:57

That is heavy. Our Malinois bitch is only 9 months but will not weight much more than 30 kgs. The max weight for males for both Malinois and Alsation are about 40 kgs, so 50-55 kgs is huge.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-04-11, 08:33

WilliamK wrote:That is heavy. Our Malinois bitch is only 9 months but will not weight much more than 30 kgs. The max weight for males for both Malinois and Alsation are about 40 kgs, so 50-55 kgs is huge.
Absolutely. And dogs in my care are in shape, period, not fat blobs.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pelican
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Pelican » 2018-04-11, 08:57

Yep. Ours loves to run. Being hit in the knee by 26 kg travelling at 50 kph can be an eye opener. And she nips me on the butt at the same time :wtf:
Last edited by Pelican on 2018-04-11, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.

Cjay26
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Cjay26 » 2018-04-11, 10:51

Moonchild wrote:As of 09:45 CEST this morning, he has peacefully gone on his final journey.
Moonchild, I like to think that Adam went to the Rainbow Bridge where several of my animal babies (including a turtle named Ralph) are enjoying life and awaiting my return.

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

I found Pale Moon last Fall when my Beloved Firefox (browser) met it's demise much to my sorrow. It warms my heart to see the members here have such love and compassion for you and for our animal friends. You and Adam will remain in my thoughts and prayers Forever!

Phantom

Unread post by Phantom » 2018-04-11, 14:01

My condolences as well. My family lost a very loving black lab some years ago and it was hard on all of us. Dogs are like a member of the family and it gets you right in the feels. I can't imagine the pain you must feel now. I'm sure he's in heaven waiting for when that day comes you finally reunite with him. We have had all kinds of cats and dogs and it never gets old losing them. I had a very nice black kitty I named Salem and that was hard to lose him as well. I couldn't go with to the veterinarian to see him put to sleep.

Sorry for your lose, and I hope that you can come to terms with it as soon as possible and move on. Perhaps another great dog will come into your life again.

Rocky & Salem.

Last edited by Phantom on 2018-04-11, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-04-12, 22:18

Animals are like members of the family, lived with them always, recall i was bury dead husky dog on november, to dig the hole in the frost ground was very hard, now i have old shepherd dog of 15 and other three: toy dog very small, young husky and bernard dog, shepherd daddy is still kicking, came to a conclusion that animals are to be feed their natural food, raw meat and bones.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2018-04-15, 03:46

My condolences bro. I told you in other place but well here too as well.

As you know I had never dogs but parrots and their loss is like a member of the family pass away. *hugs you* Please take your time for your duel.