Browser Market Share Europe

General discussion and chat (archived)
laozi

Browser Market Share Europe

Unread post by laozi » 2018-04-02, 18:33

bonsoir,
http://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share/desktop/europe
by downloading the Data file (csv) PaleMoon's share is low (0.03%) never mind, PaleMoon satisfies me amply :D
a finding, FireFox is for a year, losing momentum...
Chrome crushes the competition :o
Last edited by laozi on 2018-04-02, 19:03, edited 2 times in total.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Browser Market Share Europe

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-04-02, 18:58

I care little for statistics and usage share figures.Most of the world probably drives a ford car but i find them rubbish.(volvo is my favourite.).
Chrome is big because of persistent and aggressive advertising.

Palemoon is still the only fully customised browser available.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Pelican
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Pelican » 2018-04-02, 20:48

I use 4 different browsers (plus some others) because I have to for testing web services and also for managing multiple logins to web services, ie: using admin accounts and also user accounts with lesser privileges to ensure that everything works for everyone.

But I especially do not like web services refusing access until I update to the latest version of nonsense. For example one would think that Firefox 52 would be adequate but on one site I was forced to update to 56 and then when I checked 56 was not the latest version anyway! So now I have a Firefox version with a theme that I do not like.

Chrome has everyone foiled including developers, most of whom believe that by using Chrome they will gain a better insight into SEO.

Pelican
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Pelican » 2018-04-21, 00:26

Having updated Firefox I now find it totally useless for my purpose. Firefox has now dropped support for Java which is required to run Webmin, my tool of choice as the control panel on Apache servers and virtuals. I prefer Webmin because most other control panel solutions inject and alter configurations, making them incompatible with many web solutions. They may be useful for web hosts and novice clients as a "website in a box", but when multiple domains and aliases, and third party DNS and mail servers are involved they immediately become useless.

To the 100s of thousands of web site owners using licensed java apps on their website... R.I.P. :wave:

Thankfully PM has not been derailed by such nonsense.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-04-21, 01:09

@WilliamK: WebMin doesn't require java :) I use it all the time.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pelican
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Pelican » 2018-04-21, 01:28

Moonchild wrote:@WilliamK: WebMin doesn't require java :) I use it all the time.
Try using the File Manager. I use it for uploads, file permissions settings, etc such as installing CMS plugins and add-ons... just about everything including editing files and scripts.