A review of Pale Moon

General discussion and chat (archived)
FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Re: A review of Pale Moon

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2018-03-11, 09:58

From the Wayback Machine with only the main post included:
Last edited by FranklinDM on 2018-03-11, 11:31, edited 4 times in total.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-11, 11:25

As i already said. Appster from Ghacks and Sun-Glasses are ONE and the same person! The same Sun-Glasses which was kicked from here.

If i go to the Ghacks article about Pale Moon that was released a while ago i can find that here:
Appster / Sun-Glasses said on March 11, 2018 at 8:59 am

I have had that Reddit nick for ages
That is enough to be said. Which explains that miserable beings hate for Pale Moon in general :twisted:

He also writes that changing of his reddit nick/deleting was basically not of interest. So he intentionally created some havoc in the first place - If you want that your opinions are aligned to the very same person you are - then why using 2 different nicks at all?

What for a poor excuse! He made use of that 2 nicks because so he was able to make it look like that 2 different persons have written all the posts. One who is more, one who is less offending against Pale Moon.

And now where his little schemes have been failing, he is pissed. What for a sore loser :clap:
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-11, 12:13, edited 2 times in total.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-03-11, 12:16

I actually think some of the replies here are more level-headed than the ones in the ghacks threads.

It amazes me how much time and effort some people are willing to spend on armchair crusades like this.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-03-11, 15:23

It intersects with another review on howtogeek site, i think they obsessed, or some obstruction campaign may be.
The point " if software not updated weekly then it becomes not secure" - totally ludicrous.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-11, 15:39

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Does someone have the original opening post from reddit.. Seems to be deleted.
Typical bad troll behavior. post something really bad, wait for a buzz to start and then delete the content.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-11, 15:41

Isengrim wrote:It amazes me how much time and effort some people are willing to spend on armchair crusades like this.
The people who do this usually have nothing better to do (no job, etc.) so they can make it their thing to do every waking moment. Not that I actually understand why they don't go and do something constructive, instead...
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2018-03-11, 15:51

The reddit "review" was quite interesting as it linked to the old Sun-Glasses post here, I wasn't aware of.
On ghacks he/Appster announced quitting comments. I think the /g post can really be a fake, because it was just too simple and stupid.
His other poor claims about Pale Moon developers and PM community resisting to his so called "popular", more company-friendly features, which have already been adapted in Firefox, remain as the windbags they are; combined with the demand to stop the project (on reddit). I'm not a psychologist and don't know why he opened that almost same sounding shitpost on reddit and what his interest in that game is. A commenter on reddit said with spreading his Pale Moon death messages he just wants to scare people away. Sounds credible, tho, I'm not gonna waste more of my time with such trumpets.
Pale Moon, the browser, is still alive and kicking (I hope:) and I'm looking forward more people with their focus on trust, security, privacy, customization, etc. will find their way to Pale Moon, ... Basilisk, UXP

keep it coming :thumbup:

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-11, 16:11

loxodont wrote:The reddit "review" was quite interesting as it linked to the old Sun-Glasses post here, I wasn't aware of.
On ghacks he/Appster announced quitting comments. I think the /g post can really be a fake, because it was just too simple and stupid.
His other poor claims about Pale Moon developers and PM community resisting to his so called "popular", more company-friendly features, which have already been adapted in Firefox, remain as the windbags they are; combined with the demand to stop the project (on reddit). I'm not a psychologist and don't know why he opened that almost same sounding shitpost on reddit and what his interest in that game is. A commenter on reddit said with spreading his Pale Moon death messages he just wants to scare people away. Sounds credible, tho, I'm not gonna waste more of my time with such trumpets.
Pale Moon, the browser, is still alive and kicking (I hope:) and I'm looking forward more people with their focus on trust, security, privacy, customization, etc. will find their way to Pale Moon, ... Basilisk, UXP

keep it coming :thumbup:
See.. Appster is Sun-Glasses :mrgreen:

I also do not agree with making fake postings to make people suffer. But in the end, guys like Appster/Sun-Glasses/Whatever are nothing better in comparison with the lamest fake. But... it is somewhat funny, that when they are forced to swallow their own medicine that they then react like that :clap: Still, no respect at all to something like that.

Sure, it is about damaging the project and also for a certain amount of violated pride. In the end, they can bitch and moan and scream and rage... Pale Moon will stay around, and hopefully for as long as possible :ugeek:
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-11, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2018-03-11, 16:49

Honestly, if he and others make such a drama after one year, I suppose they'll be back in another costume on the next Pale Moon release news.
It's the internet; they always come back :roll: :)

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-03-11, 17:24

Like most things in life,criticism of any sort can sometimes be a double edged sword,if its constructive criticism then it can inspire people to be more determined and knock their detractors down.Unfounded nonsense however is just that and cannot be taken seriously.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-11, 17:36

Kosh wrote:Understanding is a three-edged sword.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2018-03-11, 20:43

loxodont wrote:My light saber is a non-edged sword, but I buried it since Mozilla moved to the dark side.
(...and Pale Moon is the New Hope)

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-11, 21:47

Btw. drama on Ghacks is over for now, thankfully the comment section was finally closed and tons of offensive comments again deleted :)

It should really not be allowed at all that a technology blog can that easily being turned into a Kindergarten freak-show!
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-11, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-03-11, 22:15

Comments were near the 150 mark at one point. :wtf:
That must be a record and i do notice that palemoon posts always attract heated debate.Lot of passion out there. :crazy:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-11, 22:19

Moonraker wrote:Comments were near the 150 mark at one point. :wtf:
That must be a record and i do notice that palemoon posts always attract heated debate.Lot of passion out there. :crazy:
It is always (sadly) the same routine: Haters post, and then some defending Pale Moon (some well mannered, some with the same medicine like the haters) - This always creates a back and forth. Would be best if Ghacks would lock the Pale Moon comment section in general, as it getting tedious every single time!

And the comments before it was locked... really... that was utterly depressing to read. Something like that no one should write at all. When it goes into the direction of threats of violence and the most wildest humiliations (and that sadly not from the side of the Pale Moon haters at that point....) - Then there is a red border which has to be drawn instantly. Thankfully it seems the Ghacks owner has been thinking the same way too as that boiling point was reached.

That was clearly the worst Pale Moon comments section ever seen on Ghacks :thumbdown:
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-11, 22:27, edited 3 times in total.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-03-11, 22:40

Agreed.I visit ghacks most days and i have never seen anything like it,Problem is,if it doesnt happen at ghacks then it will happen elsewhere and the trolls travel in packs.

Pale moon 29.4.1

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-12, 03:20

No. Closing or locking comments on ghacks and elsewhere from the start for every post about us is not a good idea.

People are slowly and finally starting to wake up to the fact that when there is such vitriolic hate for something in these situations the higher the chances are it is serving an agenda. So more and more come to see what is REALLY going on here and start drawing their own conclusions.

In the end, as tiring as it is and as old and repeatitive as it gets we win in the end because truth tends to point to its self.

It also tells me that they are somewhat running scared. The more we keep doing what they say can't be done the more we challenge their reality and world view the more likely it will eventually break them and they will go too far beyond reason and simply expose them selves for what and who they truely are.

So I say let it continue. Let them continue to destroy them selves in what is left of the free market of ideas.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-03-12, 03:36, edited 9 times in total.

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2018-03-12, 09:42

Build it and they will come.

Some may choose to stay and others may choose to leave.

That is their right.

Some may have even gain a little knowledge.

That is all I can say.
Image1911 remains the service pistol for all ages!
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." — Theodore Roosevelt

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-12, 21:39

Hmm.. Now his Reddit account seems to be gone as a whole.

But that is interesting, Archive wayback page has inspired me to search for this post:
Seems, Pale Moon was not the first browser he was trying to damage with posting his anti usage tirades.
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-12, 22:51, edited 2 times in total.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-03-12, 21:45

Sajadi wrote:Hmm.. Now his Reddit account seems to be gone as a whole.

But that is interesting, Archive wayback page has inspired me to search for this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments ... the_brave/

Seems, Pale Moon was not the first browser he was trying to damage with shit-posting.
How do you know this was also Sun-Glasses? Wayback machine has no history for that page.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story