Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-12, 21:45

WELL I have no real love for Brave..

See: https://twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/850487614209572864

Pelican
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: A review of Pale Moon

Unread post by Pelican » 2018-03-12, 22:28

Re "unpatched vulnerabilities"... if they didn't keep adding new features they would not have to fix them in a "next" version. Since Firefox 3-5 they went ballistic with version numbers, rotating the "major" version number when it was not a major update. I think that Chrome started this as a ploy subliminally suggesting that the higher version number is more advanced.

Chrome's new versions have always been about feeding their ad monster. The same ad monster lurks in YouTube.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-12, 22:37

WilliamK wrote:Re "unpatched vulnerabilities"... if they didn't keep adding new features they would not have to fix them in a "next" version. Since Firefox 3-5 they went ballistic with version numbers, rotating the "major" version number when it was not a major update. I think that Chrome started this as a ploy subliminally suggesting that the higher version number is more advanced.

Chrome's new versions have always been about feeding their ad monster. The same ad monster lurks in YouTube.
The obvious.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-12, 22:50

Isengrim wrote:How do you know this was also Sun-Glasses? Wayback machine has no history for that page.
Click on the submitted link on that page and then pick one of the blue snapshots... and you see that it was his post.
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:WELL I have no real love for Brave..

See: https://twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/850487614209572864
I do not like Brave either. I have tried it - it was so much bare-bone that it was hurting to use it at all. Don't know if they have changed anything of that already.
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-12, 23:36, edited 2 times in total.