Overwhelming Praise for Pale Moon

General discussion and chat (archived)
SierraChart_100

Overwhelming Praise for Pale Moon

Unread post by SierraChart_100 » 2018-02-28, 02:21

I have absolutely overwhelming praise for the Pale Moon browser. Continue to keep its user interface as it is without damaging it as Firefox has done massively in their latest Quantum browser.

I use a touchscreen, and it is no longer possible with the new Firefox quantum browser to select text on a webpage with a touchscreen. You simply cannot do this. Is totally dysfunctional and there are all kinds of odd behaviors using a touchscreen with Firefox Quantum.

I discovered Pale Moon when looking for an alternative browser. This browser is so much faster than Firefox, and completely stable. What is interesting though, is that Pale Moon is based upon the original Firefox. Which means Firefox started off good and has gradually descended into absurdity (not quite exactly, but this is an expression of my terrible frustration with what Firefox has done to their browser) like so many software programs have.

In an era, where software programs are being botched big-time by the developers like Visual Studio, Skype (Their latest implementation is terrible), Firefox, it is good to have traditional quality software like Pale Moon.

Do keep up the good work. And there is an essential need for what you do in this world. Your user base should be 1000 times bigger than it is. You are largely undiscovered.

Now what is interesting is that when, I think the Panning related settings are enabled in the Windows Control Panel, you can use a touchscreen to drag a webpage up and down in Pale Moon, by using vertical movement. However, if you use a slight amount of horizontal movement then you can select text. This is a superb implementation. Another possibility is simply to toggle the ability to drag a webpage up and down with a touchscreen through a menu command setting.

The point here is, there is not a single program that I have ever seen, other than our own, or any web browser that has a proper implementation described above, like Pale Moon. This only demonstrates the complete dumbness that permeates these other browsers.

It is clear, that you are smart people.

Thank you.

SierraChart_100

Re: Overwhelming Praise for Pale Moon

Unread post by SierraChart_100 » 2018-03-04, 00:49

To be clear, one of the purposes of this posting above is to ensure that the Pale Moon developers or developer does not change the user interface. Small incremental changes/additions over time, which are enabled as options are acceptable, but to simply botch the interface by disabling the way in which the user interface is controlled through a touchscreen or through other standard input devices, is totally and completely unacceptable and terribly terribly disrespectful to the user base.

Such an action must be understood by developers to be an absolute horrendous abuse of their user base.

For example Skype has been totally botched and its user interface is dysfunctional plus they have removed numerous options from it.

Unfortunately, the new Firefox has deteriorated into a mentality and a philosophy that essentially means that they want their users to be their slaves, and they think they are stupid.

And this is why there is always going to be a need for what I call traditional quality software.
Last edited by SierraChart_100 on 2018-03-04, 02:01, edited 4 times in total.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2018-03-05, 20:08

You are safe!

Quoting from Rumor Control:
Unlike other "Firefox alternatives" that basically ride Firefox's release cycle and add extra layers on top of that like Classic Theme Restorer, Pale Moon's front-end and user interface is its own, is built on the fully-customizable XUL/toolkit framework of pre-Australis versions of Firefox, and there is no reason at all why this would have to change as Pale Moon continues to develop.

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2018-04-12, 09:41

I would like to add some poraise via my fiend, who was thinking he would have to replace his aging XP lap top ... he is not that rich...

I told him to put pale moon on about about 6 month ago - Now he is amazed at the speed, 10 times faster than Firefox!!! :) and he is also using skype with it (the program)....

By the way, I know that saying 'it works in Firefox' is about the same as saying ' it works in a bus, it should work in your car' :roll: BUT it at least says that it is not the web that is wrong, but something else, like PM haters... :(
VM 300Mbs in london england :lol: :coffee: on Intel Core I7 3GHz on Gigabyte X58a.
PM 32.4.1(64bit) on win7(64bit) sp1 - does ytoobe better than FF!! 8-) :lol: :P
Got 24Gig, Nvidia GTX 1060 :D dont need 4k - not rich, not gamer, newer GPUs only for $$$ peeps
:eh: useragentstring(com) :problem: FF 115.3.1 :angel: :P