Other types of economical support

General discussion and chat (archived)
dapgo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Other types of economical support

Unread post by dapgo » 2018-02-23, 11:13

I am aware about donations, in fact i made before.

However, I miss other types of support, such as gift shop, merchandising.
Also I am aware of the difficulties, and that Mozilla closed its own shop; probably it was not profitable enough.

What do you think about selling some PM/Basilisk official products?
For example I would love to have something like:
t-shirt,
mug,
PDF/paperprint PM/FF book or magazine (with a compilation of tips and technical info)

In other hand, maybe there are people not able to collaborate in technical things but who will be pleased to help in these tasks and raise money for the project.

klipkyle
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Other types of economical support

Unread post by klipkyle » 2018-02-25, 03:23

I would probably buy a t-shirt. It would be good for conversation starters. Everyone uses a web browser, but surprisingly few know about Pale Moon.

dapgo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Other types of economical support

Unread post by dapgo » 2018-02-26, 13:02

Yes i also think that it is difficult, in fact I found Palemoon by chance in a Linux distribution looking for light weight browser (because a limited hardware).

But I am optimistic and I think that after the movement of Firefox to webextensions,many diehard FF users will look for alternatives, and they are potential new users of PM/Basilisk.

About the merchandising/gift, I suppose shop will manage the printing, shipment, sell in exchange of a percentage of the price.
Depending of this % it can be a source of income to support the project. Can't it?

http://www.unixstickers.com/donations
This webpage donates a % to FOSS projects (though it is not specified how much)
https://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/how+about+a+nice+hot+cup+of+open+source+t-shirts-A18096044
This company seems to be used by Opensuse shop

I don't know much about this services so probably there more and better shops doing this type of service.

klipkyle wrote:I would probably buy a t-shirt. It would be good for conversation starters. Everyone uses a web browser, but surprisingly few know about Pale Moon.