THX.. Pale Moon! indeed.

General discussion and chat (archived)
lllbob

THX.. Pale Moon! indeed.

Unread post by lllbob » 2018-02-16, 05:35

THX.. Pale Moon! sorry.. I didn't see any other section for just thanks... this one will do. move it if needed.
....been using pale moon for a few weeks now.. it's my new browser now. no exceptions!

FF was starting to upset me.. i was about to just go back to FF 2.. yeah 2! cause after that all the problems started.
I guess FF just don't know the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." but they continue to fix it anyway.
and they keep on adding more bloat ware.. slowing the browser down even more...

* And on my pc firefox 52+ I disabled any requests at all upon loading.. still way way slower than Pale moon!

Pale Moon browser is so much faster! especially on the start up.. please keep this up! thx!

and this pc is on vista..32bit. so I can only upgrade the original ff so so much..

+ I even found a few better addons than on my original FF...... I only needed a few to make it like i wanted....
- NoScript.. already here! but of course.
- Ublock Origin.. already here.. but of course.. via a how to link. easy peasy.
- CookieMonster.. not here: FOUND: Crush Those Cookies: Even better! much better! Allow All but delete unless Allowed. Much Better!
- Advanced Nightmode: new.. awesome! that is really good to have. I hate white/bright pages. was using my own greasemonkey script for that.
- and Color My Tabs.. just for better tab viewing. works nice as well.
- Hide Caption Titlebar plus.. i think i lost this in ff.?. awesome it's back now. I got more screen space now. again.
* And that's pretty much all you need for a safe browsing experience with pale moon. for dang sure.

* So you keep up the great work on pale moon!....indeed!

* FF for ANDROID: had a major slow down upon start-up recently.. about:config
- Disable ALL safebrowsing: google crap: to FALSE: and all safebrowsing urls to blank!
- it will start-up 80% faster now for android. still a 20%+ slow down upon start-up.
- I emailed them about it.. that they should add a setting to disable spying arse google safebrowesing in settings.
- Unsure if they ever did.. too scared to update my android FF to know. anyone else know if they did add it?
- i'm on: android: 57.0.1.. with disabled all google safebrowsing (google spyware crap. no thx!)
- and I tested it a few times.. ff android indeed started up 80% faster with google "spying" safebrowsing disabled.

* Sure wish pale moon was on android too....
- I'd sure help u out indeed.. but this pc is just not good enough to run the android making software.
- it just doesn't have enough ram.. nor could ever hold enough.. sry i'm broke.. but not stupid.
- but I learn fast... I know programing.. html, php.. etc.. old vb6.. & python learned in a matter of no time.
- So I just need a good pc and android would be a since to learn as well i'm sure.
- maybe some day.. i'll have a better pc...

* BUT one point to make is: I did not have to disable Anything on pale moon browser. it is already great! upon installing.

* and please.. google chrome browser. FYI: it makes a ton of connections straight to google. :-/
* and my firewall don't lie. and google was like a virus to disable the updates.
- matter of fact... viruses are less invasive as google chrome updater is... indeed it was.
- It even took me a while to disable it.. and i know my crap. chrome virus is more like it...
- Google updater was starting up in like 3 places! jeez... just like a virus would do indeed!
- I'd use netscape navigator before i'd ever use google chrome again.. indeed. hell even IE. old ie.. lol!
.. but the more of the point is.. google updater don't need 3 places to auto start. virus!!!

* Pale moon rocks! keep it up! please... please! good god please... jeez...

hujan86
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: THX.. Pale Moon! indeed.

Unread post by hujan86 » 2018-02-17, 01:23

Welcome to the Pale Moon Community - the Light side of Mozilla Firefox debacle.

Anyhow, there used to a version of Pale Moon that runs on Android. But development on it was discontinued due to lack of "community involvement'. If you do happen to have a better PC and your programming skill is good enough, you my try contact Moonchild regarding the Android port.
Avatar's Source: yereverluvinuncleber

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2018-02-17, 01:49

Hi! Welcome to the Pale Moon community! :wave:

[quote="lllbob"]
- Hide Caption Titlebar plus.. i think i lost this in ff.?. awesome it's back now. I got more screen space now. again./quote]
Which version of Caption Titlebar Plus are you using ?
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-02-17, 02:49

I use Hide Caption Titlebar Plus 2.8.7rc

Works great. W7 64 bit, PM 64 bit. ;)

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-02-17, 13:24

Thehandyman1957 wrote:I use Hide Caption Titlebar Plus 2.8.7rc

Works great. W7 64 bit, PM 64 bit. ;)
Have you tried Hide Caption Titlebar Plus ⁴ 4.0.5 ?
Works well for me and has PM support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-02-17, 16:13

Yea, I looked at it but it has too much stuff for me. I like the simple version. Does what I need it to do. ;)

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-02-17, 16:44

Your right there. It wasn't easy to configure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

lllbob

Unread post by lllbob » 2018-03-10, 04:58

hujan86 wrote:Welcome to the Pale Moon Community - the Light side of Mozilla Firefox debacle.

Anyhow, there used to a version of Pale Moon that runs on Android. But development on it was discontinued due to lack of "community involvement'. If you do happen to have a better PC and your programming skill is good enough, you my try contact Moonchild regarding the Android port.
and indeed I will. thx for the info.

.. cause pale moon really does need an android version. I may try the old droid version later on... just to try it out for fun...

Heck by now.. you'd think there would be some software that u can import your windows codes and export it to android coding.

But yeah i do see some win emus for android. hmmm... probably too much for my phone to handle for sure....
.. but it would probably run on my windows laptop / Android PC. hehe.. ;--) just now testing it...
.. been trying out the phoenix os.. android 5.1 on a windows laptop.. will try the phoenix os android 7.1 later. works better than expected tho.
.. android on a laptop. now that's just cool tho right there. haha..