Directing Firefox 52 ESR users to Pale Moon

General discussion and chat (archived)
klipkyle
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Directing Firefox 52 ESR users to Pale Moon

Unread post by klipkyle » 2018-02-07, 03:58

While looking up the support termination date for Firefox 52 ESR (28 August 2018), I came across this thread:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1203188

It looks like there are a bunch of people who would be interested in Pale Moon. However, Pale Moon is nowhere mentioned on the thread!

Normally in such a situation, I would create an account and post an "answer". But this support forum (as far as I can tell) requires you to ask a question to create an account. I don't have a question. I have an answer.

Is there anyone who has an account an support.mozilla.org and is brave enough to post an answer? Will you please welcome our potential brothers into the Pale Moon community?

Greywool
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Directing Firefox 52 ESR users to Pale Moon

Unread post by Greywool » 2018-02-10, 23:55

Don't have an account there either (so can't help with spreading the info), but I feel it would be swiftly censored to "protect the users" anyways :P

nana2

Re: Directing Firefox 52 ESR users to Pale Moon

Unread post by nana2 » 2018-02-11, 18:35

Greywool wrote:Don't have an account there either (so can't help with spreading the info), but I feel it would be swiftly censored to "protect the users" anyways :P
Ditto to what you're saying, but then I discovered Pale Moon years ago and PM has been my default for ages. Switched from Fx to Fx ESR in April 2017 and I won't update to their Quantum or whatever it's called.

Pale Moon is the fastest browser I have, it feels the snappiest compared to all the browsers I have. IE 11, Fx ESR, Waterfox and of course Pale Moon. And yes, I do have the very same extensions in 3 of the above-mentioned browsers.
Last edited by nana2 on 2018-02-11, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.