Just saying "Hi" and glad I found Pale Moon

General discussion area and chat

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
This General Discussions forum is an open chat area, so you can talk about almost any subject. Please keep things civil, though!

Please do try to somewhat stick to the relevance of this forum, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Totally random" subjects don't really belong here, even in the general discussion area.
ghost123uk

Just saying "Hi" and glad I found Pale Moon

Unread postby ghost123uk » Sun, 04 Feb 2018, 13:49

Hi all, new here (but not new to forums ;) )

Came across Pale Moon by accident, but glad I did. I've been using it now (and customising it) for a good few hours and I like it, especially it's light impact on system resources :D , plus of course the security and privacy it offers of course 8-)

I am a retired computer technician (in the middle of the UK), but I still do work for local domestic and small business customers. I use Linux (currently Mint 18.3 "Mate") almost exclusively and I get as many of my customers on Linux Mint as I can. So far, it looks like I will be including Pale Moon on all my customers Linux builds and likely set it as the default browser :D

back2themoon
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Just saying "Hi" and glad I found Pale Moon

Unread postby back2themoon » Sun, 04 Feb 2018, 20:36

Welcome ghost123uk, and enjoy the ride!
Safe Mode / clean profile info: Menu/Help/Restart in Safe Mode
Information to include when asking for support - How to apply user agent overrides

Windows 10 Pro - Pale Moon x64 - FossaMail x64 - Emsisoft Anti-Malware

hujan86
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread postby hujan86 » Mon, 05 Feb 2018, 05:46

Welcome to the Light side! I also commend your effort to introduce Pale Moon to others.
GTribe is a shithole full of bigots, pretenders and liars, and its founder/CEO is a douche.

SierraChart_100 wrote:Firefox started off good and gradually descended into absurdity.

Moonraker wrote:Palemoon is still the only fully customised browser available.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread postby gracious1 » Mon, 05 Feb 2018, 10:22

Welcome, welcome! You'll find you have not only made an excellent choice in browser but also you have found a great community for support!
It really is "The Light Side." :geek:
Image“We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.” ― Wm. Ewart Gladstone ◊ Int'l Day of Peace 21 Sept. ◊

fatboy
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread postby fatboy » Mon, 05 Feb 2018, 13:21

ghost123uk wrote:Hi all, new here (but not new to forums ;) )

Came across Pale Moon by accident, but glad I did. I've been using it now (and customising it) for a good few hours and I like it, especially it's light impact on system resources :D , plus of course the security and privacy it offers of course 8-)

I am a retired computer technician (in the middle of the UK), but I still do work for local domestic and small business customers. I use Linux (currently Mint 18.3 "Mate") almost exclusively and I get as many of my customers on Linux Mint as I can. So far, it looks like I will be including Pale Moon on all my customers Linux builds and likely set it as the default browser :D

Welcome to the forum! I love Pale Moon and it has found a very special place in my heart. Each update makes it more refined and fun to use :)

mrmivo
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread postby mrmivo » Mon, 05 Feb 2018, 21:26

Welcome to the Pale Moon community. :)

Out of curiosity, what were your reasons for choosing Mint over Ubuntu? I'm contemplating going back to Linux for a variety of reasons, but it's been over a decade since I ran Linux on my desktop (Ubuntu and then Arch, but I would like to spend less time of tweaking and fiddling this time around) and I'm a bit out of the loop.

Moonraker
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread postby Moonraker » Mon, 05 Feb 2018, 21:43

Ubuntu is believed to have amazon adware(dare i say spyware) installed.Ubuntu is a bit of a bloated crap these days .I use linux lite which has been solid for years.
Slacko puppy linux 64bit.
Pale moon 27.9.0

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread postby gracious1 » Mon, 05 Feb 2018, 22:33

Moonraker wrote:Ubuntu is believed to have amazon adware(dare i say spyware) installed.

"Is believed"? So some people think it has spyware, and some don't ? I use Ubuntu, and I find this disturbing.

Frankly, I am very pleased with Ubuntu.
Last edited by gracious1 on Mon, 05 Feb 2018, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Image“We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.” ― Wm. Ewart Gladstone ◊ Int'l Day of Peace 21 Sept. ◊

Moonraker
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread postby Moonraker » Mon, 05 Feb 2018, 23:01

I think spyware is too strong a word as i dont think mark shuttleworth would allow anything like that in ubuntu.I use a buntu offshoot linux lite and its been very stable for years.
Slacko puppy linux 64bit.
Pale moon 27.9.0

Fedor2
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread postby Fedor2 » Tue, 06 Feb 2018, 07:50

mrmivo
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread postby mrmivo » Tue, 06 Feb 2018, 17:10

gracious1 wrote:"Is believed"? So some people think it has spyware, and some don't ? I use Ubuntu, and I find this disturbing.

I dug a bit around and found this article at eff.org. How relevant this is for current versions, I don't know.

ghost123uk

Unread postby ghost123uk » Tue, 06 Feb 2018, 18:30

Hi all :)

I use Linux Mint rather than Ubuntu because, for my "end user customers", I find the Mint menu system to be more easily adapted to when users are familiar with Windoze 7 / Vista style menus (I mean, lets not even talk about Windoze 8 / 10 "tiled" style menus :evil: ).

The Mint "Mate" desktop environment is easier on system resources, esp the graphics card. Works well for me and my customers :)

And, from now on, Pale Moon will be the default browser in my builds (but Chrome will still be there "just in case").

John

Return to “General discussion”