Web Page Buttons Don't Work For Me

General discussion and chat (archived)
littlebb87

Web Page Buttons Don't Work For Me

Unread post by littlebb87 » 2018-01-25, 22:29

I am having a real heck of a time trying to get Bestbuy.com to work properly in any browser - with or without extensions/addons. I know the problem is on my end, but I don't know why.

Right now, I cannot get the "buttons" to work. I'm looking at https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-49 ... Id=5768720 and trying to look at the specifications. I keep clicking on it, but nothing is happening. This is going on in multiple browsers (Pale Moon, Firefox, Vivaldi) and Chrome won't even load the website.

I'm no expert so I hope this makes sense, but I think the problem involes this in the source code:
accordion-toggle::before

Everytime I can't get some button to work correctly, that darn line "accordion-toggle::before" is involved. Does anyone know why I might be having problems with it? I do have very slow internet speeds and I'm certain that's a huge chunk of the problem. I just want to know why this is happening and if there's anything I can do to get around it.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Web Page Buttons Don't Work For Me

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-01-25, 23:21

Have you tried using a clean new profile with absolutely nothing being transferred over from an old profile? Then going to your site and see if the buttons work.

BTW, here are the specifications for the TV in the link.

Key Specs

TV Tuner.....Digital

Screen Size....48.5 inches

Display Type.....LED

Smart Platform.....Samsung Smart TV

High Dynamic Range (HDR).....No

Motion Enhancement Technology......Motion Rate 60

Number of HDMI Inputs.....2

Vertical Resolution......1080p (Full HD)

Specific Manufacturer Technologies.......Wide Color Enhancer, Motion Rate 60, Screen Mirroring, Connectshare Movie
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox