Slow speed or no speed downloading from github

General discussion area and chat

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
This General Discussions forum is an open chat area, so you can talk about almost any subject. Please keep things civil, though!

Please do try to somewhat stick to the relevance of this forum, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Totally random" subjects don't really belong here, even in the general discussion area.
helloimustbegoing
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Slow speed or no speed downloading from github

Postby helloimustbegoing » Mon, 15 Jan 2018, 02:34

I've been noticing for a while now, probably a couple of months at least, that I either get very slow downloads off of github.com, or that I'm not able to download at all. I can tell when it'll happen because the github page loads very slowly. I'd say this happens around about a third of the time. I know it's not a Pale Moon problem (or Basilisk); I even tried IE this morning and I couldn't download. Could it be my ISP doesn't like its customers on github? Has anyone else seen this problem?

adesh
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Slow speed or no speed downloading from github

Postby adesh » Mon, 15 Jan 2018, 09:10

I do not download files from GitHub much, but overall I see no performance issues with GitHub - the site is super responsive in day-to-day browsing. With you, maybe it's a network or location thing?

back2themoon
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Slow speed or no speed downloading from github

Postby back2themoon » Mon, 15 Jan 2018, 16:34

If you are using the x86 version, try the x64.
Safe Mode / clean profile info: Menu/Help/Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Information to include when asking for support - How to apply user agent overrides

Windows 10 Pro - Pale Moon x86/x64 - FossaMail x64 - Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Return to “General discussion”