I went back to Windows 7 for the time being which also brought me back to PM

General discussion and chat (archived)
Argonianaccount

I went back to Windows 7 for the time being which also brought me back to PM

Unread post by Argonianaccount » 2017-12-26, 15:55

I upgraded from 7 in 2016 to windows 10 for free. Years ago when I first started using computers and the internet I just hit that blue e like so many others and used internet explorer. Of course as time went on ie became rubbish. While Ie 11 is vastly superior to 8 , 9, 10 or anything that came before that Ie just feels like legacy software with not much use other than for legacy websites and business applications.

With windows 10 I quickly fell in love with Microsoft Edge. I used it every day and eventually exclusively edge no other browsers. Microsoft Edge is not available of course for windows 7. I have chosen to go back to 7 and enjoy it before it is no longer supported. While 7 has less security features than 10 which always a concern for me I use a premium anti exploit program so that should compensate. I'm enjoying there being no modern windows defender that's always on because windows doesnt see my anti exploit program as a traditional antivirus suite and nags me to get something as if I have nothing.

Ive missed Pm and it is without a doubt Pm 64bit the best browser you can use on windows 7 and windows in general if you dont like edge. If you use all of google's services frequently and want your browser synced to the cloud I can understand someone using Chrome the most popular browser. I have personally never liked chrome. I dont use google search, I hardly use gmail or any google service other than youtube and all of their stuff can be used from other browsers. In my household there are 6 computers. 4 are running windows 7 the rest 10. Out of all of them the most used browser is Chrome. My parents became fans of chrome as soon as it was available before chrome they used Internet Explorer. My Siblings are also chrome users. My sister also uses firefox only because she needs it for something related to school. When I discovered Pale Moon I tried to get any of them to try it but they weren't interested. Strangely my brother is super concerned with privacy and microsoft spying to the point where he disables windows update in 7 yet he doesnt have a vpn and uses chrome and google search.

While all browsers run pretty well on decent hardware and internet connection Pale Moon definitively feels lean built for speed and has never crashed on me. Ive had issues with Outlook Mail in the past with PM however so I will use Ie just for Outlook and onedrive.