Useragentoverride for Morgan Stanley?

General discussion and chat (archived)
TwoTankAmin
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Useragentoverride for Morgan Stanley?

Unread post by TwoTankAmin » 2017-12-15, 16:42

Morgan is at there idiocy again. The recent upgrade to P M had finally managed to make the Morgan Stanley site work properly for me for the first time in many months. Today it is still working just fine in P m 27.6.2, I have absolutely no issues.

So today I logged on and got a pop-up warning that I am not using an approved browser blah blah blah. They really have no clue :thumbdown:

What I want is not to see that stupid pop-up and am wondering of there is an override string that will make it stop?
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Useragentoverride for Morgan Stanley?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-12-15, 17:26

Try feeding them a plain Firefox UA.

If their domain is "morganstanley.com" (change if different), like so:
Go to about:config, right-click anywhere in the list, select New -> String
Add a preference general.useragent.override.morganstanley.com
As value, use:

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

TwoTankAmin
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by TwoTankAmin » 2017-12-15, 17:56

I use a bookmark or desktop link to logon which takes me to https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/msologin that is where I see the popup. Once I log in, I wind up at https://mso.morganstanleyclientserv.com ... ount#/home but the popup does not reappear.

To make sure I do the override properly, what domain should I enter? Do I enter: morganstanleyclientserv.com or do I enter login.morganstanleyclientserv.com?

Sorry I cannot figure it out myself, buy this is not an area in which I am well versed.
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-12-15, 18:09

TwoTankAmin wrote:To make sure I do the override properly, what domain should I enter? Do I enter: morganstanleyclientserv.com or do I enter login.morganstanleyclientserv.com?
Use morganstanleyclientserv.com, since IIRC after you login you're on mso.morganstanleyclientserv.com. Using morganstanleyclientserv.com for the useragent override will let you use one override entry for all permutations of the morganstanleyclientserv.com domain. Thus the preference you want to create is general.useragent.override.morganstanleyclientserv.com instead of general.useragent.override.morganstanley.com.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.