How many bookmarks do you have?

General discussion area and chat

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
This General Discussions forum is an open chat area, so you can talk about almost any subject. Please keep things civil, though!

Please do try to somewhat stick to the relevance of this forum, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Totally random" subjects don't really belong here, even in the general discussion area.

How many bookmarks do you have?

Poll ended at Fri, 15 Dec 2017, 13:02

Less than 10
3%
Less than 50
13%
Less than 100
13%
Less than 500
21%
1,000 +
50%

Total votes: 38

Rising Soul
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: How many bookmarks do you have?

Unread postby Rising Soul » Wed, 24 Jan 2018, 01:29

I knew I had a lot, but didn't know it was this bad. I may have some hoarding issues. My bookmarks were imported from Firefox, which was imported from old Opera, which was imported from an older Firefox... and I can't remember what happened before that. Probably well over a decade's worth of bookmarks.

I found this thread while searching for a way to 'archive' them somewhere outside my browser where I can still search through them.

Other than Pale Moon crashing while I tried in vain to close the bookmarks list after searching for a dot, I haven't noticed any performance issues with my bookmark overload. :D

SpockFan02
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread postby SpockFan02 » Sat, 27 Jan 2018, 08:02

Rising Soul wrote:... searching for a way to 'archive' them somewhere outside my browser where I can still search through them. ...

Ctrl+J to open Library, select 'All Bookmarks,' 'Import and Backup' drop-down, 'Export Bookmarks to HTML....' The resulting file can be imported into Pale Moon or Firefox. :D

tenseys
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread postby tenseys » Sun, 28 Jan 2018, 13:46

55 folders, 494 bookmarks. I did a recent cleanup of them and deleted probably a few hundred so use to be more. I access them through the menu bar's "Bookmarks". I never use the bookmarks toolbar. I always close all tabs on exiting browser. On my homepage I have a few commonly used links bookmarked there as well.
Last edited by tenseys on Sun, 28 Jan 2018, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
I'm using Pale Moon version 28.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread postby Night Wing » Sun, 28 Jan 2018, 14:09

I've been doing some recent cleanup on my bookmarks. As of this posting, I've got 34 folders comprising a total of 496 bookmarks.
Linux Mint 19 (Tara) Xfce 64 Bit (Default OS) with 64 Bit linux Pale Moon
Windows 7 SP1, 64 Bit (Backup OS) with 32 Bit windows Pale Moon

Rising Soul
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread postby Rising Soul » Sun, 28 Jan 2018, 15:39

SpockMan02 wrote:Ctrl+J to open Library, select 'All Bookmarks,' 'Import and Backup' drop-down, 'Export Bookmarks to HTML....' The resulting file can be imported into Pale Moon or Firefox. :D

I did a little experiment with this. I exported all my 14k bookmarks, and imported them into both Basilisk and Waterfox. The import time was about the same, but when I opened them in the sidebar and did a test search, Waterfox stopped responding for over a minute before displaying the results, whereas Basilisk displayed the results nearly instantly. Guess which one is more likely to be my archival browser? 8-) (Either that or another portable Pale Moon... still deciding.)

Return to “General discussion”