1,000 +
50%

Total votes: 38

Rising Soul
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: How many bookmarks do you have?

Unread post by Rising Soul » 2018-01-24, 01:29

I knew I had a lot, but didn't know it was this bad. I may have some hoarding issues. My bookmarks were imported from Firefox, which was imported from old Opera, which was imported from an older Firefox... and I can't remember what happened before that. Probably well over a decade's worth of bookmarks.

I found this thread while searching for a way to 'archive' them somewhere outside my browser where I can still search through them.

Other than Pale Moon crashing while I tried in vain to close the bookmarks list after searching for a dot, I haven't noticed any performance issues with my bookmark overload. :D

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-01-27, 08:02

Rising Soul wrote:... searching for a way to 'archive' them somewhere outside my browser where I can still search through them. ...
Ctrl+J to open Library, select 'All Bookmarks,' 'Import and Backup' drop-down, 'Export Bookmarks to HTML....' The resulting file can be imported into Pale Moon or Firefox. :D

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-01-28, 13:46

55 folders, 494 bookmarks. I did a recent cleanup of them and deleted probably a few hundred so use to be more. I access them through the menu bar's "Bookmarks". I never use the bookmarks toolbar. I always close all tabs on exiting browser. On my homepage I have a few commonly used links bookmarked there as well.
Last edited by tenseys on 2018-01-28, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-01-28, 14:09

I've been doing some recent cleanup on my bookmarks. As of this posting, I've got 34 folders comprising a total of 496 bookmarks.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Rising Soul
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by Rising Soul » 2018-01-28, 15:39

SpockMan02 wrote: Ctrl+J to open Library, select 'All Bookmarks,' 'Import and Backup' drop-down, 'Export Bookmarks to HTML....' The resulting file can be imported into Pale Moon or Firefox. :D
I did a little experiment with this. I exported all my 14k bookmarks, and imported them into both Basilisk and Waterfox. The import time was about the same, but when I opened them in the sidebar and did a test search, Waterfox stopped responding for over a minute before displaying the results, whereas Basilisk displayed the results nearly instantly. Guess which one is more likely to be my archival browser? 8-) (Either that or another portable Pale Moon... still deciding.)