Thank you!

General discussion and chat (archived)
northernpale

Thank you!

Unread post by northernpale » 2017-11-30, 09:59

I had used Pale Moon quite awhile ago, but went back to Firefox. I had actually forgotten about this browser, but when Firefox Quantum was forced on me, well, I started looking around again. I found Pale Moon and want to say that I appreciate the work the developers do and will gladly donate money next pay check. I would definitely pay for this browser, as long as it maintains the ability to make it secure and be not-Firefox Quantum/Chrome(Chromium)/Edge.

THANK YOU!

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Thank you!

Unread post by loxodont » 2017-11-30, 21:12

Welcome to Pale Moon and the forum, northernpale, and many thanks for considering support for the project!

joe04

Re: Thank you!

Unread post by joe04 » 2017-11-30, 21:25

With the release notes for 27.6.2 stating that this is likely the final release of 2017, I reflected on the past year's activities with respect to this project, and what a good year it's been:

* The long but overall successful migration from v26 to v27, which updated so much of the platform code, adding a lot of useful capabilities and better overall web compatability.

* Travis' huge effort to make significant improvements to video support, which landed in 27.3 and 27.4. That's been a "killer feature" for me personally this year, as I now can watch video at every site I care about in Pale Moon; so much better to not need another browser for that anymore.

* Good start for UXP (and Basilisk).

So a big thank you to all the folks that make Pale Moon and its significantly better web experience possible.