About:Addons still not refreshing properly

General discussion and chat (archived)
Graystar-Tamarack

About:Addons still not refreshing properly

Unread post by Graystar-Tamarack » 2017-11-19, 17:18

My older post is locked out, so here is an image of the refresh fault on the Tools-Addons page. The extension lines periodically restore (sometimes) or blank out when you scroll over each line
Screenshot of partially blanked out extension list.
Screenshot of partially blanked out extension list.
Refreshing the profile did not fix this problem.

Win 7 pro x64 drivers listed as: Intel(R) HD Graphics family, NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M

Thanks to all those who fixed the double text issue in the address bar.
and No, though I'm listed as a "Newby", that is incorrect. I can usually solve the problems I encounter in programs & opsys and have been doing so for 30 years.
Perhaps "newby?" to this support forum but not to FF or PM. Just sayin'. :eh:

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: About:Addons still not refreshing properly

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-11-19, 18:11

Tried with different themes?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Graystar-Tamarack

Unread post by Graystar-Tamarack » 2018-12-11, 00:07

Yes, I tried different & default themes. It still shows the same fault.
Now I installed the 32bit ver of PM and it WIPED OUT all the bookmarks saved and function to create bookmarks in both the x64 & x86 versions of PM. This makes NO sense. Already checked for malware - not present. Rootkits, not present, use CCleaner - has not been a problem before.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-12-11, 13:31

Disable hardware acceleration in PM (assuming it is enabled) & test.

Actually, as funny as it may seem, you can restart in Safe Mode.

(Safe Mode additionally disables HA. And while you won't be able to make changes to extensions in Safe Mode, they still should display, hopefully completely, without the issue you're seeing. [And even at that, your issue could be cause by, an extension ;-).])
Last edited by therube on 2018-12-11, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

Graystar-Tamarack

Unread post by Graystar-Tamarack » 2018-12-11, 18:55

I just uninstalled both versions of PM and will try later to re-install and create separate Bookmark backup files for them.
As it is I had PM bookmark backups, however the import from HTML was also broken. None of the other browsers are exhibiting this problem.
Firefox, however last year was not working, so I removed it over a year ago and recently reinstalled the new version. Seems to work OK but they sure have buggered up the ease of use when it comes to clear the loading of a website.
The biggest problem is CentruyLink, I suspect. Not only do they list the only service here as DSL 1.5mbps but the actual performance is 0.7-0.8mbps at the high (with the wind blowing behind the data bits) to absolutely NO access other than local. Odd thing is: across the street to the East it is 7mbps. They are just "cheap". If the market was not so bad, I'd move. :thumbdown:
As for everything else, it's all good. :thumbup: Happy Holidays everyone & a profitable New Year.