Pale Moon Convert

General discussion and chat (archived)
danbcooley

Pale Moon Convert

Unread post by danbcooley » 2017-11-08, 01:57

This will just be my intro to the community. I'm still using Windows Vista because it still runs DOS programs and Quicken 99 and Musicmatch Jukebox.

I have used Netscape for 21 years and watched Mozilla upgrade it to uselessness. I found Pale Moon a few weeks ago and found it a refreshing return to the old useful Firefox. Just now I received notification from Pale Moon that there is a major upgrade which I ought to do really fast lest I become vulnerable. I don't like this because that's what Mozilla says and they've taken away capability for the average user on every upgrade until v57 is completely unrecognizable trash.

I'm going to do the upgrade but could someone in the know about Pale Moon please reply and reassure me that your not just a few steps behind Mozilla in taking your browser into oblivion.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pale Moon Convert

Unread post by Admin » 2017-11-08, 02:40

When a new version of the browser is available, it is always important to upgrade as soon as possible. That has zero to do with any assumed link to the way Mozilla is running Firefox into the ground, and everything to do with important bug fixes and security fixes.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

Thehandyman1957

Re: Pale Moon Convert

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-11-08, 03:23

First, welcome to Pale Moon danbcooley :thumbup:

Second, since you are new here you haven't had the time to get to know Moonchild or his reasons for making Pale Moon in the first place.
I want to assure you that when you get a update request, it's not going to be like what FF has been doing for the last few years.

You will find that Pale Moon is not going to be changing things like FF did and will continue to bring you one of the very best browsers out there.
And this is one of the core reasons Moonchild created Pale Moon.

Updates here are for your protection and to make the browser work right with new web technologies.

So sit back, relax and enjoy. ;)