The propensity of browsers to move everything into tabs.

General discussion and chat (archived)
RexyDallas

The propensity of browsers to move everything into tabs.

Unread post by RexyDallas » 2017-09-29, 21:10

This seriously annoys me. I prefer it when the settings, bookmarks, addons, themes, etc, are in windows, and styled similar to the native OS. It just seems more natural, and it's sort of annoying having the tabs change for these things to me. The tabbed interfaces also tend to be unnecessarily huge, (must fill all that space to avoid looking weird) which annoys me, and makes it hard to navigate.

lyceus

Re: The propensity of browsers to move everything into tabs.

Unread post by lyceus » 2017-10-01, 02:11

Just for comment a bit about this, in old Internet ages browsers used to open more stuff in new Windows and the famous Pop-ups. Now sadly, the pop-ups are abused for download malware and ads without the user notice at first glace. Then we get the pop-up blockers add-ons as response of this.

Now imagine this scenario, you purchase something from XYZ site but they send you notification bill in a pop-up window or another window. Most users may: Block the window or lost it hidden in other programs. So the only safe way that XYZ site has to show to you the info is open a new tab, supporter now by almost all browsers, which is not blocked or abused by hackers.... too easily. Sadly Tabs are the least bad solution for this trouble in the end. :crazy:

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-10-09, 02:33

But, one of the pros of it is: the setting search feature.

Not all that bad.

RexyDallas

Unread post by RexyDallas » 2017-10-10, 00:58

lyceus wrote:Just for comment a bit about this, in old Internet ages browsers used to open more stuff in new Windows and the famous Pop-ups. Now sadly, the pop-ups are abused for download malware and ads without the user notice at first glace. Then we get the pop-up blockers add-ons as response of this.

Now imagine this scenario, you purchase something from XYZ site but they send you notification bill in a pop-up window or another window. Most users may: Block the window or lost it hidden in other programs. So the only safe way that XYZ site has to show to you the info is open a new tab, supporter now by almost all browsers, which is not blocked or abused by hackers.... too easily. Sadly Tabs are the least bad solution for this trouble in the end. :crazy:
I am talking about options, Addons, history/bookmarks/downloads, "managers", etc.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2017-10-25, 00:44

RexyDallas wrote:I am talking about options, Addons, history/bookmarks/downloads, "managers", etc.
Your petition may be better for made a skin that change the way how Pale Moon shows this information. Maybe you should head to the skins forum and ask there too.