Glaring white loading page, can it be changed?

General discussion area and chat

Moderators: Indalecio, satrow

Forum rules
This General Discussions forum is an open chat area, so you can talk about almost any subject. Please keep things civil, though!

Please do try to somewhat stick to the relevance of this forum, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Totally random" subjects don't really belong here, even in the general discussion area.
User avatar
Thehandyman1957
Board Warrior
Board Warrior
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:26 am
Location: Arizona U.S.

Glaring white loading page, can it be changed?

Postby Thehandyman1957 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:20 am

Since moving to PM 27.4.2 I have noticed that the pre load page is now white instead of black like it was on 26.5.0

Is there a way to change this color to something not so glaring?

The reason I ask is because I use a lot of dark colors on my browser and I change most of my web backgrounds to a medium gray
and when I open a new site it shows this bright white blank page while it searches and starts to load and it kills my eyes. :shock:

It's like someone shining a bright flashlight in my eyes every time I open a page. :problem:

It would be nice to set this to something a bit darker. 8-)
"War: when your government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution: when you figure it out for yourself." ;)

User avatar
adesh
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:38 am

Re: Glaring white loading page, can it be changed?

Postby adesh » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:05 am

Go to "Content" options. Click "Colors" and choose background and foreground colors.

0N10NKN16H7
Moongazer
Moongazer
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Glaring white loading page, can it be changed?

Postby 0N10NKN16H7 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:43 am

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

browser
{
  background-color: #000000 !important;
}

Put that in your userchrome.css or make a Stylish style for it. This seems to work for me -- what the poster above mentioned probably works too.

tooshorttoolong
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Re: Glaring white loading page, can it be changed?

Postby tooshorttoolong » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:41 pm

I’m using PM on Linux and it opens a dark grey page when it starts loading a web page. It may be because it uses my system theme which is a dark theme… Perhaps if you change your system theme it will help.

User avatar
Thehandyman1957
Board Warrior
Board Warrior
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:26 am
Location: Arizona U.S.

Re: Glaring white loading page, can it be changed?

Postby Thehandyman1957 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:18 pm

0N10NKN16H7 wrote:

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

browser
{
  background-color: #000000 !important;
}

Put that in your userchrome.css or make a Stylish style for it. This seems to work for me -- what the poster above mentioned probably works too.



Man, that is soooo much better. Perfect, Thank you. :thumbup: :clap:

As for going to options and clicking on colors, that is for the actual web pages, not the short white page that pops up while loading.
Screenshot - Monday,9,11,17 , 9_16_49 AM.png
"War: when your government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution: when you figure it out for yourself." ;)

0N10NKN16H7
Moongazer
Moongazer
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Glaring white loading page, can it be changed?

Postby 0N10NKN16H7 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Thehandyman1957 wrote:Man, that is soooo much better. Perfect, Thank you. :thumbup: :clap:

No problem. :)

fillerup
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:14 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Glaring white loading page, can it be changed?

Postby fillerup » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:54 am

you can also accomplish the same thing as 0N10NKN16H7's method by going to about:config and changing the value of the preference browser.display.background_color to a value of your choosing. be aware though that doing this will 'break' sites that don't have CSS, like this

Image

User avatar
Latitude
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Glaring white loading page, can it be changed?

Postby Latitude » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Thehandyman1957 wrote:Since moving to PM 27.4.2 I have noticed that the pre load page is now white instead of black like it was on 26.5.0

Is there a way to change this color to something not so glaring?

The reason I ask is because I use a lot of dark colors on my browser and I change most of my web backgrounds to a medium gray
and when I open a new site it shows this bright white blank page while it searches and starts to load and it kills my eyes. :shock:

It's like someone shining a bright flashlight in my eyes every time I open a page. :problem:

It would be nice to set this to something a bit darker. 8-)


Use "Advanced Night Mode" add-on by JustOff.

fillerup
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:14 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Glaring white loading page, can it be changed?

Postby fillerup » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Latitude wrote:Use "Advanced Night Mode" add-on by JustOff.

i don't think your suggestion is applicable here

User avatar
Thehandyman1957
Board Warrior
Board Warrior
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:26 am
Location: Arizona U.S.

Re: Glaring white loading page, can it be changed?

Postby Thehandyman1957 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Latitude wrote:Use "Advanced Night Mode" add-on by JustOff.


This only works for actual web pages, not brief white loading screen from PM.

Thanks though.

For web pages I use
Color That Site! 0.16.1-signed.1-signed


It's much more customizable and allows me to see the web pages in some sort of normal fashion but in

easier on the eye color schemes. :thumbup:
"War: when your government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution: when you figure it out for yourself." ;)


Return to “General discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dp1701, Linkdex [Bot] and 4 guests