Least restrictive browser for Android?

General discussion and chat (archived)
paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Least restrictive browser for Android?

Unread post by paulri » 2017-09-10, 19:58

I have been using PM for my laptop, but for the past year or two, I've been using Brave on my droid phone (built in adblocker is nice).

Lately, I've become more and more bugged about various sites not being in compliance with http/https/certificates or whatever, and I have to press on a couple of buttons to allow the browser to load the site.

I'd like to eliminate this as much as possible on my phone (I don't do any financial browsing on my droid, just a few sites).

What android browser is the least restrictive, about what sites will be allowed to be displayed, without any additional clicks to allow the browser to load this page?
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Least restrictive browser for Android?

Unread post by paulri » 2017-09-11, 12:29

Bump. Didn't want this to get lost in the second page of results for new threads. :)
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-09-14, 18:12

I switch from PM4Android to Firefox and use uBlock Origin.

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2017-09-14, 20:09

I've been trying out Opera Mini. So far, so good.

When I was using Firefox, I found it tough to install addons. Not sure if anything has changed recently, but since then, I just used Brave.
Paul