Loving this Browser

General discussion and chat (archived)
MzzAintNoSaint

Loving this Browser

Unread post by MzzAintNoSaint » 2017-09-08, 10:27

Just Had to say that I absolutely love this browser! I once again am able to use it for anything and everything..Been spreading the word at pogo.com as well. This browser makes Edge, and IE11 look...well, sad. Thank you for providing a "well balanced" performing browser, with a website that actually helps the user if needed . YOU ROCK!! :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Loving this Browser

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-08, 10:32

Thank you for the positive vibes! Glad you enjoy the browser.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

MzzAintNoSaint

Unread post by MzzAintNoSaint » 2017-09-08, 10:35

You are most welcome...:) MP

0N10NKN16H7

Unread post by 0N10NKN16H7 » 2017-09-08, 10:49

I would also like to extend my thanks. Pale Moon is the only remaining choice for privacy-minded/power users. Your continued work is very appreciated Moonchild et al.

Mouflonrouge

Unread post by Mouflonrouge » 2017-09-08, 11:14

Yes I got to say that Pale moon is growing on me as well.

I love it and only use Pale Moon and Waterfox now.

themew

Unread post by themew » 2017-09-08, 12:13

+1 on this thread title. We use nothing else but Pale Moon on all our Linux machines. There is nothing better, faster or easier to customize.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-09-08, 12:30

i'm surprised Pale Moon isn't more popular amongst the FOSS crowd given how it fits all of their proclaimed principles compared to FF/Chrome. still the best browser on the market by far, and has been since 2014 despite a few hiccups along the way

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2017-09-08, 15:32

Since this thread is a PM lovefest, I'll join in.

I've been using this as my daily driver for the past 4 weeks.

Running very smoothly, with a lot of the lost customization of the good ol' Firefox days.

Keep up the good work!
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

mrmivo

Unread post by mrmivo » 2017-09-09, 01:04

I really appreciate Pale Moon, too! I had been struggling with FF issues (all tabs randomly going blank when hardware acceleration was on) and Chrome problems (browser downloading mystery data from Google's servers). No troubles with Pale Moon whatsoever. Runs fast, it's stable, and it's transparent. (And I can use full themes!)

cheekibreeki

Unread post by cheekibreeki » 2017-09-14, 12:08

Loving it too. Many browsers out there tout about being 'private, secure, fast, light... etc' without actually delivering. PM for me delivers all those things: just reliable browsing experience with no bullshit attached.

MickeyBee

Unread post by MickeyBee » 2017-09-15, 23:05

My first contribution: Thought I would thank all the Pale Moon team for their magnificent non SSE2 browser, please keep-up the excellent effort. At the beginning of this year - my dear old (15 year old AMD AthlonXP), PC was about to pop its CPU clogs. This was after the latest tranche of Firefox updates and my updating to Kubuntu 14.04 from 12.04 (Widows turned its back on my PC about 5 years ago!). With all those latest updates – FF just kept-on crashing, this state of affairs remained for about 6 months, with no apparent solution in sight. Then after tons of research and fiddling about, I discovered that - although my AMD CPU had SSE, it wasn't SSE2, then after a tad more research – bingo I found PM :thumbup: Your browser has breathed new life into my old faithful, well done you :clap: It even seems to browse quicker now, unlike me at 65 :wtf: Just one thing though: KDE Oxygen engine doesn't play nicely with PM (pressing any menu bar buttons, causes PM to crash). Very easy solution though – go into KDE System Settings/Application Appearance/GTK then make GTK3 Oxygen-GTK and tick boxes in Behavior - GTK buttons and GTK Menus. No more crashes - hurrah :thumbup: Bad KDE, spanky spank spank :shock: I've since added Complete YouTube Saver, and that also works a treat. TTFN folks.

hujan86
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by hujan86 » 2017-09-27, 07:34

I've been using Pale Moon since my days of studying in university. That's 10 years ago.

Pros of PM:
* Able to stream videos properly without requiring Flash (there were bugs initially, but it's been worked out over the course of time)
* Texts rendered in both UI & websites are clear & crisp (make sure to disable HW Acceleration first) in contrast to FF.
* 4 of the most important extensions for me is able to run on Pale Moon (UBlocks Origin & Greasemonkey (3.12 beta) fully supports PM, whereas FB Security & Mega runs in compatibility mode)
* Now supports TLS 1.3
* Doesn't use the shit Australis UI.
* Spyware Blaster application recognizes Pale Moon (I sent the feedback asking for the support).

Yup, I'm still good with Pale Moon. :thumbup:
Avatar's Source: yereverluvinuncleber