Mozilla Goes Full Retard and Joins Google and Youtube

General discussion and chat (archived)
Thehandyman1957

Mozilla Goes Full Retard and Joins Google and Youtube

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-08-11, 01:32

We are seeing the last of the free internet as we knew it.
The truth police are in full retard mode making sure you don't get anything you shouldn't.
http://www.activistpost.com/2017/08/moz ... -news.html

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Mozilla Goes Full Retard and Joins Google and Youtube

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-11, 08:16

Putting the future of what we believe in anyone’s hands, let alone artificial intelligence, seems reckless; but a system backed by Soros and Omidyar seems like a dangerously stupid idea that can only lead to a path paved toward Orwellian censorship the likes of which even George Orwell couldn’t have imagined.
That about sums it up.

Also, if anything recently became clear is that our current skills in A.I. is good at making interactive services that can and will be "taught wrong" by the Internet.
What if the input it gets is more fake than actual news? Who determines at the top level what is fake news in case of inconclusiveness? Fake will become the truth, and the truth will be censored out. Good going :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

John connor

Unread post by John connor » 2017-08-12, 01:45

I utterly can't stand George Soros and his puppet master shenanigans. This guy is the reason for a lot of BS here in the states. Personally, I think he can eat a big bag of dicks!

And the so-called "fake news?" That comes from the likes of George Soros himself and CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, ESPN and the bloody list goes on! Screw these clowns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9AbeALNVkk

Yorizuka

Unread post by Yorizuka » 2017-08-12, 06:20

* Mozilla goes full retard *
* I switch browsers *
Here I am!

- Hopefully all this political correctness noise quiets down in a few years before every one gets sick of it!

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2017-08-12, 08:58

That is so Mozilla these days... Not surprising ;)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-12, 09:48

Looks like Mozilla will be bleeding another pint of users over this. We don't even have to wait until v57 rolls around ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-08-17, 09:47

The whole business of using algorithms to make decisions that really should be made by people is not just limited to this. It's been used in criminal justice, e.g. parole decisions and sentencing decisions, and in human/social services, things that really require human judgment. It's really kind of scary how willingly these things are adopted.
Yorizuka wrote:Hopefully all this political correctness noise quiets down in a few years before every one gets sick of it!
Not sure how you connect "political correctness" to "fake news". In fact, the people who generate fake news are generally the opposite of "politically correct", and enamored of "alternative facts" etc.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-08-17, 23:41

gracious1 wrote:The whole business of using algorithms to make decisions that really should be made by people is not just limited to this. It's been used in criminal justice, e.g. parole decisions and sentencing decisions, and in human/social services, things that really require human judgment. It's really kind of scary how willingly these things are adopted.
Yorizuka wrote:Hopefully all this political correctness noise quiets down in a few years before every one gets sick of it!
Not sure how you connect "political correctness" to "fake news". In fact, the people who generate fake news are generally the opposite of "politically correct", and enamored of "alternative facts" etc.
Off-topic:
If you're implying only that the right are the ones producing fake news, well you're wrong; Both the right and the left are producing fake news. The only difference is that the fake news from the left is mainstream.

TwoTankAmin
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by TwoTankAmin » 2017-08-20, 18:27

I was under the impression this was a software forum not a political one?

There is no such thing as fake news, by definition. News is supposed to be true, it either is or it isn't. Fake news is packaging a known untruth and trying to pass it off as the truth.

“Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.” ― Benjamin Franklin
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-08-20, 19:20

TwoTankAmin wrote:I was under the impression this was a software forum not a political one?

There is no such thing as fake news, by definition. News is supposed to be true, it either is or it isn't. Fake news is packaging a known untruth and trying to pass it off as the truth
Off-topic:
Perchance you haven't seen this. Court Ruled That Media Can Legally Lie
http://projectcensored.org/11-the-media ... gally-lie/

It is no longer against any law for the media to lie. So if all you have left is the main stream media, and they have a free pass to tell you any bullshit they can come up with for their own reasons, then having major internet players making it so you can't even find an alternative version to fact check their bullshit with is more than political to me. :think:

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-08-20, 19:40

user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-08-20, 20:42

Moonraker wrote:https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/fir ... uture.html
interesting read here.
Off-topic:
Hmmm, multi-proccess isn't what it's cracked up to be huh, who would have figured? Oh, wait. Moonchild and Pale Moon. Imagine my surprise... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Thehandyman1957 on 2017-08-20, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-20, 20:47

Off-topic:
Multi-processes is a must in the modern era, and it does bring some benefits.
Definitely not a must. But, it takes time to do usage of multiple cores in parallel properly. Multi-process is still running single-thread tasks in each process, after all -- only now with the added drawback that each process has to use inter-process communication to talk to the "master" process to get access to disk, cache, the UI, etc. Is that a good tradeoff? Nope, I don't think so.

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by adisib » 2017-08-20, 20:51

Thehandyman1957 wrote:
Off-topic:
Hmmm, multi-threading isn't what it's cracked up to be huh, who would have figured?
Off-topic:
Multi-threading is not at all the same thing as multi-process. Multi-threading is useful, important, and used in Pale Moon. Multi-process is not something that should be used in Pale Moon, and Firefox only gets a responsiveness increase from it because they made APZ require it for some strange reason.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-08-20, 20:54

adisib wrote:
Thehandyman1957 wrote:
Off-topic:
Multi-threading is not at all the same thing as multi-process. Multi-threading is useful, important, and used in Pale Moon. Multi-process is not something that should be used in Pale Moon, and Firefox only gets a responsiveness increase from it because they made APZ require it for some strange reason.
My bad, fixed it. :mrgreen:

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-08-20, 22:10

I have an inkling that in the coming months/years pale moon is going to attain a lot more users.Expect a huge mozilla exodus. :D
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-20, 22:44

The exodus has been on-going for years.
It does look like people are by now aware of Pale Moon though and a bunch of social media posts I saw floating about have people swapping from Firefox to Pale Moon over this buddy-buddy with Soros and their "anti-fake-news-initiative".

As far as news goes, I think it's up to people to make up their own dam mind what's real and what's fake. If you take everything at face value and don't check up on anything, then yeah, you always have the chance that someone told you something that wasn't true. But I sure as hell don't think some commercial initiative should be allowed to tell you what to believe.

Moonspirit

Unread post by Moonspirit » 2017-08-21, 20:20

Yep a lot of people are jumping ship from Mozilla, and Google too over censorship, I am one of them. For me Waterfox seems to be going the way of Mozilla so I didn't even bother. But I have been using Pale Moon, Brave and Seamonkey over the past week. Brave is still too new and lacks features, still is too buggy and seems to have some security flaws. Seamonkey is a good browser for the most part and I do like that it has a mail client tied to it, but it is too outdated and clunky looking even with a theme installed. So I have decided that Pale Moon is definitely gonna be my primary browser now. There is a lot of discussion in the comments sections of YouTube, mostly on videos dealing with YouTube and Google censorship about Mozilla and Google both. A lot of people are looking for alternatives on there and while many people try to point people to Brave in their videos, there has been a lot of talk about browsers like Pale Moon too. I know I've started recommending it too.

John connor

Unread post by John connor » 2017-08-22, 15:20

I created an account with Firefox to simply make a comment on an add-on. Ever since then my inbox has been inundated with spam from Firefox on anti-corporation BS. Goes to show you their political shill stance.

Moonspirit

Unread post by Moonspirit » 2017-08-22, 15:38

Oh yeah people are using the hashtag #AltTech when talking about finding technological alternatives to big tech when it comes to censorship.