CloudFlare

General discussion and chat (archived)
Labelleprovince

CloudFlare

Unread post by Labelleprovince » 2012-11-05, 13:28

Pale Moon forum is presently protected by CloudFlare, I guess ;)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: CloudFlare

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-11-05, 13:36

Yes, it is. Still propagating, and tinkering with the settings to strike a balance.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-11-05, 13:51

My mobile complained about Cloud Flare when I logged in via it earlier but re-bookmarking here solved the problem. :)

Labelleprovince

Unread post by Labelleprovince » 2012-11-05, 15:29

Moonchild wrote:Yes, it is. Still propagating, and tinkering with the settings to strike a balance.
INFO about *forum(dot)palemoon(dot)org

No cached version is available

What's wrong?
The most likely causes:

The server is down for maintenance
There may be a network problem
The site may be experiencing excessive load

What's CloudFlare?
This website uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages when they are unavailable. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-11-05, 16:35

Yes, because the hosting service provider for the forum had downtime YET AGAIN (an hour...) but that was completely unrelated to CloudFlare.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2012-11-05, 17:52

I must say, the page loadup times do seem quicker now. Unfortunate about the intermittent outages which are an annoyance and not what you expected I'm sure, so often the case that you end up getting less than is promised in the advertising blurb.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-11-05, 17:58

steviem1 wrote:I must say, the page loadup times do seem quicker now. Unfortunate about the intermittent outages which are an annoyance and not what you expected I'm sure, so often the case that you end up getting less than is promised in the advertising blurb.
I'm just wondering where people draw the line. If you have a *guarantee* advertised on your page and you don't uphold that, then that is false advertising, which is legally not allowed. As it is, I'm thinking hard about moving away from Webhostingpad and seeing if I can get a refund. I just can't believe that people can just advertise whatever they want and then simply not deliver, and that customers continue to take it... If I do, I will say Goodbye to hosting companies in the USA - especially if I can use Cloudflare as a CDN to keep load times low even if not hosted "local".

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2012-11-05, 18:17

Moonchild wrote:I just can't believe that people can just advertise whatever they want and then simply not deliver, and that customers continue to take it...
Sign of the times I'm afraid... the more customers wake up from their apathy and are prepared to stand up and be counted will give hope for all of us in the long run. :)