thanks pale moon for update

General discussion and chat (archived)
scottieimate

thanks pale moon for update

Unread post by scottieimate » 2017-07-14, 03:17

one of the reasons i use pale moon browser is the layout and look , same basic business sophiscated look. a lot of these new browsers try and look all fancy and futuristic , some browsers just look too cheezy , thanks for the update. and please never change the look

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: thanks pale moon for update

Unread post by adisib » 2017-07-14, 18:17

It really doesn't matter if Pale Moon changes its look, as long as it stays fully customizable in that regard. With Pale Moon, you can make your browser look however you want.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2017-07-15, 04:35

scottieimate wrote:one of the reasons i use pale moon browser is the layout and look , same basic business sophiscated look. a lot of these new browsers try and look all fancy and futuristic , some browsers just look too cheezy , thanks for the update. and please never change the look
Hello!

One of the main reasons that we created Pale Moon is because we don't like Australis UI from Mozilla. Almost all programs want to look now like made for a tablet, but we don't need a tablet look in a PC. So don't worry we will never implement this ugly UI in Pale Moon, even someone made a theme that mimic Australis for the ones that for some reason like its design. That's the idea of a modular browser: Assemble it as you like. ;)

mr tribute
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by mr tribute » 2017-07-15, 18:03

Yep, great update as always. Incredible that Moonchild and trava90 can keep releasing new versions for Windows and Linux. Also thanks to other team members and add-on creators. I've started using more native PM add-ons now that AMO is ready to sink.

I'll try to make a donation in the coming weeks. We have already had the discussion about PM sustainability so I'm not going to bring that up. Just a reflection; I see Pale Moon as just as important as Libre Office. I guess the browser market is more crowded than the office market so that's why it's harder for Pale Moon to attract bigger investments. And maybe (this is a little sad to admit), most people are OK with Chrome, Chromium, Firefox etc. I remember when I first saw Chrome in 2008; what kind of stupid UI is this I thought to myself. Then Chrome became the world's biggest browser...