What design won the design contest?

General discussion and chat (archived)
John connor

What design won the design contest?

Unread post by John connor » 2017-06-21, 13:20

I haven't seen anything in the announcements.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: What design won the design contest?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-21, 13:54

Final choice was Basilisk. Popular vote went to Moonfinder but the name was an issue.
Attachments
bas-logo-500w.png
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-06-21, 13:56

For the record, here's the thread that discussed the results:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15757&hilit=design+contest
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2017-06-22, 03:11

Actually I did forgot all about this one. I liked the one of Moonfinder but well legal stuff is a snake of 100 heads. So I have a question, we need to use this one behind/with Pale Moon? or this is another beast for different users?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-22, 07:25

lyceus wrote:Actually I did forgot all about this one. I liked the one of Moonfinder but well legal stuff is a snake of 100 heads. So I have a question, we need to use this one behind/with Pale Moon? or this is another beast for different users?
...? I don't understand your question.
Basilisk and Pale Moon are different applications.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2017-06-23, 02:56

Moonchild wrote:
lyceus wrote:Actually I did forgot all about this one. I liked the one of Moonfinder but well legal stuff is a snake of 100 heads. So I have a question, we need to use this one behind/with Pale Moon? or this is another beast for different users?
...? I don't understand your question.
Basilisk and Pale Moon are different applications.
Well that answer partially my question. I thought that they would overlap in some moment or else.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-23, 13:28

Pale Moon uses the current hybrid platform we use. Basilisk will use UXP as a platform.
Pale Moon will have the classic interface, Basilisk will have the Australis interface.
Pale Moon will focus on users desiring a very high degree of configurability of their browser.
Basilisk will focus on being a replacement of (pre-Servo) Firefox, with support for NPAPI plugins, unsigned extensions, and with some (very) long-standing Mozilla bugs fixed.
Pale Moon will see active front-end/application development. Basilisk will see little front-end development since it will be catering to platform development instead.
Pale Moon and Basilisk are two different applications. Even if Pale Moon switches to UXP in the future, they will still be two different applications.