How do you know about Pale Moon for the first time?

General discussion and chat (archived)
John connor

Re: How do you know about Pale Moon for the first time?

Unread post by John connor » 2017-08-27, 02:48

Anandtech forum.

Alexium 67
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Alexium 67 » 2017-08-28, 10:36

I don't remember all details. I found Pale Moon when tried to find solution for eliminate new Firefox UI (29+ versions). So I Pale Moon user now. And I love it for this classical UI.

Mouflonrouge

Unread post by Mouflonrouge » 2017-08-28, 14:01

I just got fed up with Chrome, and Firefox mining our data and corrupting search results so I decided to research for a new browser and came across various options which i believe cater more to my privacy needs.

I have settled on Waterfox and PM for now.

But I have also tried Brave and Cyberfox.

I also use Duck Duck Go as my search engine most of the time.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-08-28, 14:46

Mouflonrouge wrote:... I also use Duck Duck Go as my search engine most of the time.
Check out StartPage and its sister search engine IxQuick. Highly recommended, if privacy is a concern.

Mouflonrouge

Unread post by Mouflonrouge » 2017-08-28, 14:49

Shadeclan wrote:
Mouflonrouge wrote:... I also use Duck Duck Go as my search engine most of the time.
Check out StartPage and its sister search engine IxQuick. Highly recommended, if privacy is a concern.
Thanks. I will do that.

0N10NKN16H7

Unread post by 0N10NKN16H7 » 2017-08-28, 18:20

I think I first heard about Pale Moon from /g/ on 4chan. That was a long time ago when Pale Moon was in its infancy.

arkaland
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by arkaland » 2017-08-29, 15:12

I first discovered Pale Moon on the Vector Linux forum. That was near the end of 2014. I've been happy with it (32-bit Linux version) for the most part. Now that I also discovered, and installed, the uBlock Origin add-on (version 1.13.8), I'm extremely happy to be using Pale Moon.

Avari

Unread post by Avari » 2017-08-30, 11:36

Reddit

Your message contains 6 characters.
You need to enter at least 15 characters.

mrmivo

Unread post by mrmivo » 2017-09-01, 01:05

I learned about Pale Moon in the comments section of an article that discussed Opera's ownership change. I had been looking for an alternative to Firefox (slow-ish, tab crashes, design direction) and Chrome (downloading of mystery data, mystery traffic in general). Pale Moon worked well for me, both for work and personal use, and based on what I had read and seen, I also liked Moonchild's mindset and approach. It's the only desktop browser I use currently.

floatingkeyboards

Unread post by floatingkeyboards » 2018-06-28, 09:06

From a friend.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-06-28, 10:39

Back in the year 2011, I wanted to see what other browsers looked like without having to install them. So I researched some browsers on Google. Didn't see Pale Moon at the time. Probably because I didn't provide the proper search criteria. Then I went on YouTube to check out the browsers I had found on Google. While looking at the browsers on YouTube, I ran across Pale Moon.

After seeing Pale Moon on YouTube and liking what I had seen, I decided to download and install it. At first, Firefox was my default browser and I made Pale Moon my backup browser and that was back when Firefox and Pale Moon were both at version (4.0). Then Firefox started making changes I didn't care for so Pale Moon became my default browser and Firefox became the backup browser.

Since Firefox kept making changes I didn't care for; didn't agree with, by version 12.0 of both browsers, I did some more research on both Google and YouTube and ran across the SeaMonkey browser. I liked what I had seen on YouTube concerning SeaMonkey. So Pale Moon kept it's status as my default browser and SeaMonkey became the backup browser.

I keep more than two browsers in both linux distros and Windows 7 (Home Premium and Ultimate). With that said, Firefox is still installed on all four of my computers (2 desktop towers, 2 laptops), but I don't use it. Firefox is only used if some website in my Bookmarks/Favorites I visit everyday does not render properly with Pale Moon, SeaMonkey and/or if making a different user agent does not solve the problem.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

ethanhead258

Unread post by ethanhead258 » 2018-07-04, 18:54

hobbledehoy899 wrote:i saw it used in some of vwestlife's videos
Me too. I was always curious of some of the other alternative browsers I could use, I had used Google Chrome for a long time before I started using Pale Moon in January 2018, and last year I was trying out Opera, so I came here to Pale Moon :D