Does PM 27's theming engine have the same capability with the Firefox's counterpart?

General discussion and chat (archived)
Latitude

Does PM 27's theming engine have the same capability with the Firefox's counterpart?

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-05-26, 13:41

Does PM 27 "theming engine" have the same capability with the newest version of Firefox's counterpart?

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Does PM 27's theming engine have the same capability with the Firefox's counterpart?

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2017-05-26, 14:03

Latitude wrote: open chat area, so you can talk about almost any subject. Please keep things civil, though!
Not sure I understand why you would want anything from the new & improved Firefox. I do believe that PM is not FF! I believe that theme capabilities come from the platform. How something can be skinned is basically defined by the app.

Since PM is pre-australis, would it not be more able for themes?
Image1911 remains the service pistol for all ages!
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." — Theodore Roosevelt

Latitude

Re: Does PM 27's theming engine have the same capability with the Firefox's counterpart?

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-05-26, 14:27

Gandalfdjh wrote:
Not sure I understand why you would want anything from the new & improved Firefox. I do believe that PM is not FF! I believe that theme capabilities come from the platform. How something can be skinned is basically defined by the app.

Since PM is pre-australis, would it not be more able for themes?
Current post-Australis Firefox version still could accept full-theme themes.
But not for long, until Firefox 57. That's Firefox "Photon" era.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-05-26, 14:59

At the moment they're about as capable as each other. Once Firefox 57 comes out though Firefox will only be using themes equivalent to Chrome themes, which are much more limited.

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2017-05-26, 16:45

Believe that Australis design limits theme ability even though you can skin it . Believe that it just does not have the flexibility of PM because there are less ways to customize it.
Image1911 remains the service pistol for all ages!
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." — Theodore Roosevelt

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-05-29, 15:28

Themes is a loose term in regard to chrome because they are not themes at all but merely just personas and it seems that this is all mozilla can/will provide in the coming future.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1