What's a good chair for gaming?

General discussion and chat (archived)
roblenn

What's a good chair for gaming?

Unread post by roblenn » 2017-04-11, 14:56

Hey guys. I'm looking for a good gaming chair I could spend a lot of time in without any health repercussions. Now I'm sitting on an office chair but it's far from comfortable and no fun at all. I also get neck ache from time to time. I heard a lot of good things about herman millers, DXRacer and MAXNOMIC but I don't know whats best for me. Would be nice if you all could recommend me something :thumbup:.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: What's a good chair for gaming?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-04-11, 15:34

No recommendations from me, since I use a good office chair. I do find it peculiar that you chose the Pale Moon browser forum as a first go-to to ask this question ;) There are better fora dedicated to this kind of topic.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

eskaton
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by eskaton » 2017-04-11, 17:38

Yet, for some reason, this isn't the first time it's been brought up here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8783&p=58693
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11553&p=81390

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-04-12, 11:12

I bought the DX Racing chair back in July of 2015 and it has solved my lower back problem. It's quite comfortable and I can sit in for hours at a stretch with no problems. It came with the removable soft headrest and removable lumbar support, but I longer use them since my lower back problem has cleared up where these two items are now no longer needed.

BTW, the foam seat hasn't depressed very much either. The foam seat was 5" thick when I first put the chair together. It was 4" thick when I sat on it and it is still 4" thick when I sit on it now. But, this could be because of my light physical weight of 147 pounds.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

_Poke_

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2017-04-13, 01:28

For at least 6 years I've used the RENBERGET from Ikea. (I'm not completely sure this is it, but it looks the same except for the pattern on the backrest. Probably just an updated model).
I've found it very comfortable, and the price is pretty good too.
The fake leather has worn off from too much use but that's ok.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2017-04-28, 14:48

Definitely do NOT buy Dxracer. I made the mistake of falling for their marketing bullshit, and have since gotten my money back (the thing basically broke in one spot - so much for racing seat construction).
It's extremely overpriced gimmick, and the coating is extremely uncomfortable, especially in summer when people generally sweat.

ALEX15948

Unread post by ALEX15948 » 2017-05-10, 12:12

Just have a look at X Rocker 51259
It is very very comfortable, speakers are loud and clear, sub in chair is fantasic for gaming, and really easy hook up. It took me less than 20 mins to set everything up and play. Also it works great with xbox one.
Overall I am impressed with the chair I've had a lower quality one in the past which is why I chose this one.