my address bar has vanished from the top of Palemoon

General discussion and chat (archived)
mipak
Moon lover
Moon lover

my address bar has vanished from the top of Palemoon

Unread post by mipak » 2017-04-05, 15:25

This morning, I was installing some programmes after having just re-installed my W7Pro64bit on my laptop with no problems which all went well. No problems either with the customisation & option settings including Walnutty. Then I noticed my 'address bar' had vanished. I think this had happened before but then, I was running 'Walnut for Firefox'. I remember it was suggested to delete it which led to solving the problem in the end but now, I'm using 'Walnutty' which is compatible with PM.

Would very much your advice please.

Thehandyman1957

Re: my address bar has vanished from the top of Palemoon

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-04-06, 00:15

So does it come back if you disable Walnutty?

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2017-04-06, 03:12

You didn't drag the address bar down to the customize window (assuming the possibility it was perhaps open)? Just a thought.

mipak
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by mipak » 2017-04-06, 20:45

before my laptop lost its ability to access websites (refer to my other post "unable to access websites using duckduckgo in palemoon", i decided to take walnutty off as an experiment, warmbooted and when palemoon returned to the screen, the address bar became visible again so at this point, i am totally confused. i don't see why there should be some sort of link between the address bar and walnutty. there must be a conflict between the two so to re-cap, with walnutty gone, the address bar returned.

on the second point @ jody ... every time i customise, i drag the address bar up to the line above and drop it in front of the menu bar which then slides along the line to the right and then carry on with other alterations. i started doing this when i first started using firefox in 2004/05 and continued on to palemoon using w95, 98se, xp & 7. throughout that time, the way i've set-up my browser has remained pretty consistent so i'm puzzled why these problems are happening now particularly when one of the main positives that palemoon (and firefox) presented us with was the ability for the user to purposely customise the browser's GUI.
perhaps i should delete everything and go through the w7 installation again. i've got nothing to lose and there's nothing else on the laptop but i'm still open to suggestions.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-04-09, 16:35

Just to be sure, I'm assuming you are using Walnutty 1.0.2?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

mipak
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by mipak » 2017-04-12, 05:08

hi ...
yes, 1.0.2 is the version i'm using.

and just as an update and further to my previous post, i decided to take everything off (was very little, only w7 and openoffice) the laptop and run a clean re-installation of w7. the result is that website access has returned as has the address bar.
why it happened in the first place, i have no idea but thank you to everyone who read and answered my posts.

much appreciated.