SRWare iron

General discussion area and chat

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
This General Discussions forum is an open chat area, so you can talk about almost any subject. Please keep things civil, though!

Please do try to somewhat stick to the relevance of this forum, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Totally random" subjects don't really belong here, even in the general discussion area.
Tallpaultn

SRWare iron

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-08-05, 00:22

SRWare Iron Browser still carrying the banner in the Google Chrome-like browser department--it simply does the job it was designed to do for me. I use FF & PM also, but I use SRWare Iron quite often--competition is a very good thing & the proof is in the puddin'...

megaman
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: SRWare iron

Unread post by megaman » 2012-08-06, 21:26

What is the intention? If you use Google-oriented sites, it makes it moot to use the browser in the first place.
It is not Chrome-like, it is based out of Chromium, in which Chrome is based out of as well. They both are Chromium-like in perspective.

As for the browser itself:
Iron does have a boost in speed, in some benchmarks, but it does not work well with Real-World applications as the Gecko-builds do.
Curiosity leads to a world of experiments.