Request for more extensive Release Notes (or otherwise)

General discussion area and chat

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
This General Discussions forum is an open chat area, so you can talk about almost any subject. Please keep things civil, though!

Please do try to somewhat stick to the relevance of this forum, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Totally random" subjects don't really belong here, even in the general discussion area.
Trala

Request for more extensive Release Notes (or otherwise)

Unread postby Trala » Tue, 17 Jul 2012, 18:36

Hi,

I'd like to request that the Release Notes might include any intention not to release a Pale Moon version for the major builds of the Firefox browser. So when Firefox 13 was released, but there is no plan to release a Pale Moon 13, this would be mentioned in the Release Notes or otherwise on the main page. I ask this because I always find myself trying to look for proof if any major PM version will be released or not, but I often cannot find any mention of this.

Or, further, is Pale Moon still walking somewhat in tandem with Firefox releases, or has this already been broken up, etc?

Thanks...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Request for more extensive Release Notes (or otherwise)

Unread postby Moonchild » Tue, 17 Jul 2012, 22:35

From the release notes of the current branch (12) as found on http://www.palemoon.org/releasenotes-ng.shtml :
This version marks the start of a different release schedule for Pale Moon.

Instead of following the rapid release schedule of Mozilla, the browser will use version 12, a properly matured build with essential functionality, as a base to make incremental updates upon.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Return to “General discussion”