How many betas can you squeeze in 6 weeks?

General discussion area and chat

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
This General Discussions forum is an open chat area, so you can talk about almost any subject. Please keep things civil, though!

Please do try to somewhat stick to the relevance of this forum, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Totally random" subjects don't really belong here, even in the general discussion area.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

How many betas can you squeeze in 6 weeks?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-07-11, 11:06

Firefox 14 beta 12? Crazy!

(doesn't improve my confidence in code stability)
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

aorbiter

Re: How many betas can you squeeze in 6 weeks?

Unread post by aorbiter » 2012-07-11, 13:59

In the past, after a Firefox integer # public release, the next integer # beta 1 would follow a day or a week later. I would download and install to see any noticeable changes. After Firefox 13 was released, it wasn't Firefox 14 beta 1 that followed! It was beta 6. I did a double-take and thought I missed a few beta's. (I used Filehippo to verify my recall of that moment) I also stopped installing the beta's. They're trying to hide the version numbers. Now they're "distorting" the beta version numbers.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-07-11, 16:35

Firefox14 start with beta6. Just for having the same beta version for pc and handy.
This is crazy!

stravinsky

Unread post by stravinsky » 2012-07-11, 19:26

http://evilbrainjono.net/
ex- mozilla employee, talking that "everybody hates sw updates" . This blog is not a rant . but a good read definitely.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-07-11, 23:06

stravinsky wrote:ex- mozilla employee, talking that "everybody hates sw updates" . This blog is not a rant . but a good read definitely.
Um.. He was never involved with Firefox.
Mozilla!=Firefox, just like Microsoft!=Windows
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Blacklab
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Blacklab » 2012-07-11, 23:17

Thanks Stravinsky....that was a good recommend! The "Everybody Hates Firefox updates" and "Follow-up to.... " posts have obviously hit a raw nerve and gone viral. His latest post, with a rather shocked tone,"I got flash mobbed" is perhaps a good lesson/salutary reminder to us all to be very, very careful about what you put your name to online!

lyceus
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-07-12, 02:54

Or they have too much to fix or they want to add to much. Not good in either case.