Pale Moon 28 - Positive Feedback

General discussion area and chat

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
This General Discussions forum is an open chat area, so you can talk about almost any subject. Please keep things civil, though!

Please do try to somewhat stick to the relevance of this forum, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Totally random" subjects don't really belong here, even in the general discussion area.
josephd
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Pale Moon 28 - Positive Feedback

Unread postby josephd » Tue, 04 Sep 2018, 14:18

Night Wing wrote:
Off-topic:
......Fox New is loaded with lots of poorly written scripts in their advertisements which adds to the slowness.

Off-topic:
Solution for Foxnews that works for me. Click on article I want to read, then click Reader View 2.0.0. Works like a charm. Article loads without the trash.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread postby Night Wing » Tue, 04 Sep 2018, 14:31

josephd wrote:
Off-topic:
Solution for Foxnews that works for me. Click on article I want to read, then click Reader View 2.0.0. Works like a charm. Article loads without the trash.

Off-topic:
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to check this extension out.
Linux Mint 19 (Tara) Xfce 64-Bit (Default OS) with 64-Bit linux Pale Moon
Windows 7 SP1, 64 Bit (Backup OS) with 32-Bit windows Pale Moon

fatboy
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread postby fatboy » Wed, 05 Sep 2018, 12:16

The one thing that surprised me most was how quickly v28 was available. I remember reading about the alpha versions being released and Moonchild saying it's going very well and then BOOM! Update available! I literally gasped when I saw an update was available.haha

kelendral
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread postby kelendral » Fri, 14 Sep 2018, 13:31

I just want to say to all involved in Pale Moon, "BRAVO!"

I switched to Pale Moon many years ago and the experience has been positive the whole time. Never once regretted moving from Firefox. That was a clean break.

I tried Basilisk as primary for a brief stint with a forked version of my profile due to a couple of incompatibilities, but had to come back. Pale Moon handles large numbers of tabs (500+) better than any browser ever has which is great for research.

Pale Moon 28 has worked on the small subset of sites I had issue (mostly internal work related stuff).
It is, in a word, fantastic.

Thank you to all involved.
Browser Primary: Pale Moon 64bit
Browser Secondary: Basilisk 64bit
OSes: Win7Ult 64bit Desk & Win10Pro 64bit Laptop

Return to “General discussion”