APK Download

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
x-15a2

APK Download

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-10-14, 17:08

First and Foremost, thanks for continuing these maintenance releases of PM4A, it's great for those of us that use PM in multiple environments to be able to sync across dissimlar devices. THANKS.

I've posted the general 25.7.3 release information to the Palemoon subreddit on Reddit.

Getting the update without going through the Google App Store and\or F-Droid is a bit problematic because the FTP and GamersHell links won't download using PM4A and the US download site listed in the release post is broken. I was able to get the download from the EU link and PM4A will download the APK just fine from there. I guess the only fixable item is the US download site, but I'm not sure of the value of hosting the APK on the FTP server.

Again, thanks, the release is much appreciated!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: APK Download

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-10-15, 14:30

Yeah I forgot to mv the apk into the correct location :P

Anyway, a .1 is now up that should fix all remaining sync setup issues.

Also: Pale Moon should not be on F-Droid... if it is it should be taken down immediately.

Noted about the FTP... I'll probably just flip priority in the post next time.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

x-15a2

Re: APK Download

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-10-15, 16:07

Yeh, I shouldn't have included F-Droid, sorry. I stopped using it when you enlightened all of us as to their Draconian methods.

I just verified the US site, thanks for correcting that.

Agreed re: FTP site. I know that there are android FTP clients, but using the US or EU link is the quickest way to get the update.

THANKS!