Page 1 of 1

Palemoon Sync problem

Posted: 2015-10-07, 18:05
by chuguevskiy
Hello

The problem with sync. Do not print the code for synchronization. Where should the code, there is only an 3 dots.
Help!

Palemoon for Android 2.5.72
phone: GT-I9300 (Int)
Android 5.1.1 (Resurrection Remix Official\NamelessRom Official and other firmware based on 5.1.1)

Re: Palemoon Sync problem

Posted: 2015-10-07, 22:34
by hikki
I see someone posted about that already.. So, same for me, impossible to connect to sync account. Seems you (moonchild) didn't update that part of the app while the desktop version was fixed..?

Re: Palemoon Sync problem

Posted: 2015-10-08, 07:48
by squarefractal

Re: Palemoon Sync problem

Posted: 2015-10-08, 12:50
by hikki
Thanks but i tried that before posting (username being your email..), and it kept saying my key was wrong..!!

EDIT: Just trying again; now i pass login, however it says it couldn't reach server..?!

Re: Palemoon Sync problem

Posted: 2015-10-12, 22:51
by hikki
...................

Re: Palemoon Sync problem

Posted: 2015-10-12, 23:49
by Moonchild
......................! ...................? ....................!!

:P

Seriously though. If you are having login issues, then you may possibly still be trying to connect to Mozilla servers.
What this thread was started for it the (unexpected) shutdown of the J-PAKE keyserver by Mozilla along with their Sync 1.1 storage servers (this was not communicated properly).
To remedy this, I've set up a keyserver myself, and this requires reconfiguration of the client. To this end, a new version of Pale Moon will be released shortly. Only this version will be able to use the 12-character key "easy setup" to link devices; older versions will not because they are configured for the Mozilla server which is no longer operational.

Re: Palemoon Sync problem

Posted: 2015-10-14, 21:48
by hikki
Well.. I uninstalled/reinstalled PM with the version released today and when i go to the sync tab, i still see 3dots in place of the characters i should get.. :/

Re: Palemoon Sync problem

Posted: 2015-10-14, 23:00
by Moonchild
Heh. well, that's because Mozilla apparently hard-coded the server address in the Fennec client *sigh*. it's actually in the client .java file.
I'll re-build Android (again), this time with the proper server.

Re: Palemoon Sync problem

Posted: 2015-10-15, 19:03
by Moonchild
25.7.3.1 should fix this.