PM4A and custom sync server (owncloud)

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
NuxRo

PM4A and custom sync server (owncloud)

Unread post by NuxRo » 2015-08-22, 16:38

Hello,

I've just installed this Owncloud addon[1] to sync my browsers' data and it works well apparently for the desktop versions, but I can't convince the Android browser to use this custom server.
No errors alas or other helpful hints.
I've tried adding the server/account using a recovery key (from desktop browser), but not even like this it works.
Does anyone have any tips? It's quintessential I get the mobile synced, too.

Regards

[1] - https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show. ... ent=161793

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PM4A and custom sync server (owncloud)

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-23, 08:59

You should be able to simply use the pairing option (12-character code) after setting your desktop PC up with your OwnCloud server.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

NuxRo

Unread post by NuxRo » 2015-08-23, 11:00

Hello,

This will not work because I need to go in the "advanced setup" menu to specify a custom server, but once there there is no pairing option. It just asks for account name, password and recovery key.
I'm also using a self-signed SSL cert on a non-standard port, which may potentially cause problems, though it does not for the desktop versions.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-23, 11:15

No, if you use the pairing option, the desktop version will communicate all details through the key exchange server, including the custom server address. It should Just Work™
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

NuxRo

Unread post by NuxRo » 2015-08-23, 11:49

Ah, I was not aware there's another server (key exchange server) involved. Is this run by Mozilla?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-23, 15:46

NuxRo wrote:Ah, I was not aware there's another server (key exchange server) involved. Is this run by Mozilla?
For the moment, yes. I'm still trying to get one of our own set up.